Need URGENT assistance Cooler master hyper TX 3 Evo in AM3 socket

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Hello everyone my problem is like this...

i am confused..due some money issue i got my hands on CM hyper TX 3 EVO instead of 212 EVO..( also my case is kind of small ,212 could not fit in that)..i installed the fan...but got a real problem i have Gigabyte mobo GA 880GM UD2H....with AM 3 socket...so i CAN NOT install my cooler as shown in the link( As shown in link fan of the cooler facing in the direction of exhaust )

http://assets.overclock.net.s3.amazonaws.com/4/42/42625983_vbattach210944.jpeg

with AM3 socket can mount cooler only as it's fan facing downward direction.. now my temperature is as it was before with stock cooler......not even a improvement of 1 degree :cry: :cry: ....just don't know what to do now.....
here is the link of my CPU showing how it looks....

http://imageshack.us/a/img546/926/20121023124549.jpg
please help guys........

cooler is getting hot air both from above(via PSU) and below (via GPU) in this position..i think i had done bad investment without thinking.......
is there any thing i can do to improve my cooling....or can i mount my cooler in AM 3 socket so it's fan can face as shown in link
http://assets.overclock.net.s3.amazonaws.com/4/42/42625983_vbattach210944.jpeg
any help will appreciated.thank you soo much in advance....

Solution
I have already changed over to intel and a hyper 212, so I don't have pics.

Try turning the side fan to blow cool air into the case. There is some warm air coming off the video card and getting into the cpu fan intake. Overwhelm the warm video card air with cool outside air, forced into the cpu fan intake with the side fan.

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

i don't know how to do it in AM 3 socket....the retention plate can be fixed in such a way only so that cooler is seated in direction that fan is facing downward..and it only happen with am3 socket...do you have any idea how to do it??you can fix cooler in sideways in other socket apart from am3.......

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

ok thank you for your advice ...if possible can you please upload images of your system with am3 + board showing your after market cooler....so i can get idea .....

Edit: i had already mounted a side case fan..which draw outer cooler air inside....but didn't get much improvement....allover i got only 3 to 4 degree improvement against my stock cooler.......what should i do....????

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
I have already changed over to intel and a hyper 212, so I don't have pics.

Try turning the side fan to blow cool air into the case. There is some warm air coming off the video card and getting into the cpu fan intake. Overwhelm the warm video card air with cool outside air, forced into the cpu fan intake with the side fan.

Solution

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

thanx a lot will do that...

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

done like you said...this is the only thing i can do until i change my cabinet.....anyway thanx, at least i got rid of that disturbing noise of stock cooler and getting all around 5 to 6 degree improvement in temperature....will do with that..anyway thanx again... :)