need urgent gpu selection help

aasimas

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
Hi guys I am stuck in a big time choice. I need to select from the zotac synergy edition gtx 660 and the sapphire dual X r9 270 (non X). The gtx 660 is 199$ and comes with free watch dogs. On the other hand the radeon r9 270 is 180$ and comes with two old games which I have already played. I like the radeon card more but at the same time I want to play watchdogs.(watchdogs for 25$ is awesome considering there is not much difference bwteen the two gpu's) Which card is better? These both cards are almost the same performance wise but how much difference will it make in 1080p gaming. Plus most of the games I want to play on my pc are NVidia sponsored.

Solution
Zotac are fine if the price is right. They would be behind EVGA, ASUS, MSI & GIGABYTE as choices if i was looking for an Nvidia card.

Scampi

Reputable
May 26, 2014
The R9 270 is generally better than the GTX 660. The Synergy edition is just a better cooler & small/unoticeable overclock from a stock 660. The Dual-X is Sapphire's budget design. IMO whichever is cheaper, which is the 270. But by the sounds of it the 660 would likely suit your situation better. But you can always pick up Watchdogs in the bargain basement, it's gradually dropping in price now.

perfrel_1920.gif

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/R9_270_Direct_Cu_II_OC/1.html