Need urgent help.

G

Recently after finding my brother had downloaded a torrenting site thingy to my computer and had disabled Avast I decided to get a better antivirus so I looked online and found one called Bitdefender and bought and downloaded it and when I true to install it it said that first I needed to get rid of Avast first and that I should do so in Safe Mode so I allowed it to go into safe mode so I could delete Avast and when the computer had restarted it was in Safe Mode but the mouse and keyboard don't work at ALL! unless I go to this option called Repair Your Computer. Could anyone help me restore my computer just so I can log back on it to get some important receipts that I need if it need more work than that I can just take it to get repaired i just need to be able to log back on to get my receipts. Please and thank you.

G

Yes they are.

How new if your PC? When you go into Safe Mode it disables all drives and just uses basic ones. If its a new PC and the mouse and keyboard are plugged into USB 3.0 Ports it may not have basic drivers for them. Try plugging them into USB 2.0 Ports. USB 3.0 are usually Blue and also have a small SS next to the USB symbol so don't sue any of those.

But you shouldn't need to enter safe mode to remove advast. Just go to the Control Panel and then Programs and Features. In there you will find advast. click on it and unintall it.

G

I have the old type of keyboard/mouse not USB and I can't use control panel because the computer keeps turning on in safe mode and I can't use them in safe mode,only recovery and I can't even log in to any account.

G

I just have the one set, I was wondering if I could use command prompt to make it stop going into safe mode by force.

G

The keyboard and mouse both work but only in the System Recovery Options. They dont work to even log in when I go to the safe mode with networking or anything else just when I press F8 and then click repair you're computer button.

G

The thing is I've already tried the system restore thing but it doesn't help and when I restart the computer it opens into the safe mode login page, leaving me again without a way to log in. I'm just wondering if I can force it to stop going into safe mode for just enough that I could get my files and then I could take it to some one who can really fix it properly I just need to get my files.

so its always starting in safe mode? You have to force that unless its going into safe mode because you can't shut down properly because of this keyboard and mouse issue and when the boot menu comes up you can select normal mode. When you first turn the PC on can you press F8 on and off until you get the advanced menu and then select Start windows normally or no?

G

I've already pressed F8 and then start normally but it still goes into safe mode.