[SOLVED] Need urgent Help!

MD Rakibul Hassan

Reputable
Jun 10, 2017
Hey Guys!
Am running with 4th gen i3 4160.
To day i bought new cooler for my cpu.my cpu was ok.
Bought new cooler bcz my stock cooler can't lower my cpu temp thats why i change my cpu cooler.
I just unplug the cpu for cleaning old paste then i put back processor in right position than set up new cooler after everything done my pc keep restarting.
After 10/15 second my pc keep restarting.
There is also no output display is my processor is dead?

Solution
That is probably your problem. It really doesn't look like rust to me, it looks more like possibly there's been some thermal damage, which would make sense since you say your old cooler was not working properly.

It might just be the picture though, so first I'd try cleaning it off using isopropyl alcohol and a cloth or paper coffee filter.

If that doesn't work, you can TRY cleaning those contacts using vinegar, which is lightly acidic and will be a little more effective at removing corrosion or stains, even rust. Use it sparingly though.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-remove-corrosion-from-electronic-contacts

And triple check the pins to make sure none are even SLIGHTLY bent or deformed. Anything that does not look...
I don't know if it's "dead" but it sure sounds like you did NOT put it back in the right position, and probably bent some pins. First though, make sure you plugged the CPU cooler back in to the correct fan header and that it's not plugged in wrong with one pin off in one direction or the other.

If the cooler is plugged in correctly then I'd remove the CPU and check the motherboard for bent pins.

MD Rakibul Hassan

Reputable
Jun 10, 2017
I don't know if it's "dead" but it sure sounds like you did NOT put it back in the right position, and probably bent some pins. First though, make sure you plugged the CPU cooler back in to the correct fan header and that it's not plugged in wrong with one pin off in one direction or the other.

If the cooler is plugged in correctly then I'd remove the CPU and check the motherboard for bent pins.
Yeah i used magnifying glass to check is there any bent pins but no all pins are ok.
But i notice when i was unplugged my processor,in back of the processor there is some spot,looks like become rusty.but it was runnin.

MD Rakibul Hassan

Reputable
Jun 10, 2017
Picture?

Don’t know if you can watch.
? View: https://imgur.com/gallery/AMzEkVy

That is probably your problem. It really doesn't look like rust to me, it looks more like possibly there's been some thermal damage, which would make sense since you say your old cooler was not working properly.

It might just be the picture though, so first I'd try cleaning it off using isopropyl alcohol and a cloth or paper coffee filter.

If that doesn't work, you can TRY cleaning those contacts using vinegar, which is lightly acidic and will be a little more effective at removing corrosion or stains, even rust. Use it sparingly though.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-remove-corrosion-from-electronic-contacts

And triple check the pins to make sure none are even SLIGHTLY bent or deformed. Anything that does not look uniform with the rest of the pins needs to be closely looked at.

Solution