need usb port help!!

FlowRez

Reputable
Dec 20, 2016
so ive had this computer since december. i built it all myself with used parts on ebay. sounds bad already but ive had to buy two motherboards and here is why. the first one i put in everything worked. the usb's in the back and the front of my case but my display ports didnt work. i asked a question here and ive got a couple of answers but never found any solutions for my display port problem. that motherboard was used so then i got a new motherboard that didnt come in its original box as the owner said they threw it out but the board was like new. i switch the first motherboard with this one. the display ports work but now all but the front of my case usb's dont work. u only have two usb ports on the front which i use for my keyboard and mouse and now i really need some extra ports. im trying to avoid buying a usb hub.

krzyimprt

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2013

Keyboard and mouse can always be plugged in the back as they're never removed. Headset and flashdrives are usually used in the front. A list of your system specs would be useful, but regardless of the board I'm sure you have at least 4+ in the back.

FlowRez

Reputable
Dec 20, 2016

my problem is i CANT use the ports in the back. they dont work. on my old board they did work but the display ports didnt. this new board its completely opposite.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS