need usb port help!!

FlowRez

Reputable
Dec 20, 2016
so ive had this computer since december. i built it all myself with used parts on ebay. sounds bad already but ive had to buy two motherboards and here is why. the first one i put in everything worked. the usb's in the back and the front of my case but my display ports didnt work. i asked a question here and ive got a couple of answers but never found any solutions for my display port problem. that motherboard was used so then i got a new motherboard that didnt come in its original box as the owner said they threw it out but the board was like new. i switch the first motherboard with this one. the display ports work but now all but the front of my case usb's dont work. u only have two usb ports on the front which i use for my keyboard and mouse and now i really need some extra ports. im trying to avoid buying a usb hub.

Keyboard and mouse can always be plugged in the back as they're never removed. Headset and flashdrives are usually used in the front. A list of your system specs would be useful, but regardless of the board I'm sure you have at least 4+ in the back.

FlowRez

Reputable
Dec 20, 2016

my problem is i CANT use the ports in the back. they dont work. on my old board they did work but the display ports didnt. this new board its completely opposite.