[SOLVED] Need VGA active adapter, should I get DVI Displayport or HDMI?

Apr 15, 2019
I bought and RX570 with DVI, Displayport and HDMI outputs but I have a VGA monitor, so I need an active adapter. Is there a difference I should pay attention?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yes, you should pay attention. While not the answer you're looking for, you really should consider upgrading your display to one that has some sort of digital input (DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort). Getting these adapters to work is pretty much a coin flip.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Machy
Apr 15, 2019
Not really. Get the cheapest one, which will most likely be the DVI to VGA adapter.

Thanks for the reply. In fact the cheapest here in my country are the DP and the HDMI to VGA adapters. THe latter comes with audio channel but I think that is irrelevant. I didn't want to lose quality or have any trouble to save a few bucks. These are the products I can get. I guess I'll just buy the HDMI cable because it's more versatile.
conversor-adaptador-displayport-a-vga-vsa-D_NQ_NP_536125-MLA25382429066_022017-F.jpg
cable-hdmi-cable-audio-D_NQ_NP_653574-MLA28011803606_082018-F.jpg

@Wolfshadw I know you are right, but I just bought the GPU and now a monitor is out of my budget, that will be my next move. Thanks!