Need Windows 7 Drivers!

cooleo851

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Hello! I got a Toshiba A100 - SK8 laptop and I'm looking for the drivers to upgrade it from Windows XP to Windows 7. I just installed windows 7 and a few things like the hot keys don't work (change screen brightness etc.) Maybe I should also be looking for a bios update?
Model Number: PSAA8C-SK800E

rowdymoody

Honorable
Jan 16, 2013
You don't need drivers for windows 7, you need drivers for your laptops hardware. If you have the disks for the laptop you can find them on there. If not you can get the drivers here http://support.toshiba.com/drivers just enter in your laptops model or serial number and they should provide you a driver packet with all the required drivers.

I would have done that for you, but I am not sure what the specific model number or serial number of your laptop is.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
One thing to note. If that laptop originally came with Windows XP installed then it's quite possible that there was version (of the laptop) that also came with Vista. What you could do when searching for drivers is to also look for Vista drivers since that should also work if you're using Windows 7 now.

Here is something else you might not be aware of. Some times when you update the O/S the original driver that was designed for the older version of Windows will NOT install with an updated version of Windows... You would get an error message saying the O/S is not supported or something like that. There is a trick to get it to work. Most of those drivers are sealed in archives that first check your O/S before allowing you to install. All you have to do is "open it up".. using a program like Winrar, for example, to remove the actual driver from inside the package... then it will install and work fine. I've done that a few times over the years.