Need Windows 7 English 64bit ISO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylan8

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
I lost my disk for the Windows 7 Install, but I have the product key. I need a ISO download to make a bootable usb. It needs to be in English, and be 64 bit. I have tried using microsoft's way of entering the product key and it gives you the ISO, but the only option is Korean, which is not the language I need. Please don't link me back there. I just need an untampered Win 7 English 64bit ISO

COLGeek

Cybernaut
There are no publicly available, legal, Win 7 ISOs other than from the source you mentioned or from the OEMs (i.e. Dell, etc) for pre-loaded system support.

MS has removed the other sources.

BTW, why do you have a Korean product key?

Kylan8

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

The only way to do that is to either have Windows 7 Ultimate, (I have a home premium key) or to use programs to do it and the only ones I've found are sketchy.

Kylan8

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

My Key is English, others have had trouble with their ISO being in the wrong language too.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

First I have heard of such an issue. I have asked the moderation team to look at this to ensure we provide the best possible help.

Keep in mind that we do have limits on some topics. This is getting dangerously close to such a topic.

USAFRet

Titan

If it is a valid Retail key, you should be able to get it from Microsoft. Here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

If, when you enter that license key, it only brings you a Korean install....well...

If it is some other license, you need to get it from whoever you purchased the license from.

Kylan8

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

What should I do at this point? I can't do anything that is not free at the moment. Like I said before, it only brings up a Korean install even though when I purchased it, it was english.

USAFRet

Titan

From where did you purchase this?

Kylan8

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016

Its been years, I have no idea anymore.

Im using a plain Jane version of Win 10 here and I have the option to download language packs

And in Windows 10 that may be true, but not for 7.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10 Windows 10 language packs

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win7 Windows 7. In order to download the English language pack, you can do it from any language but only Ultimate or Enterprise.

Unless you can prove what you are saying is right, don't just throw random things out there. Windows 10 is not 7, so your scenario has no bearing at all on the OP's problem of Windows 7.

Plus, in MANY instances, simply installing a different language pack after the initial installation was done in a different language, leaves MUCH of the installation language in place and only affects specific components of the OS. I've seen plenty of Windows 7 users who were Korean (I have clients that own liquor stores and dry cleaners) that have installed the Korean language packs but it still leaves some portions of the OS in English. I imagine the same is true when done in reverse.

You can change keyboard layouts and language preferences, but if the ISO is in a particular base language, not everything is going to change simply because you install the language pack. At least, that has been my experience.

Open Win 7
control panel > region and language .Follow the prompts
You can read all about it there
Language packs are freely available via Windows Update . They are not exclusive to Ultimate versions [ which have them pre-installed]

I'd suggest you not throw random things out there either .

But Darkbreeze may well be right . It may not completely alter the machines language . That may not be the case if you are changing to English though .
Im not sure . I have not tried it

In Windows 7, you can download languages in two ways:

Using Windows Update. If you're running an Ultimate or Enterprise edition of Windows, you can download available language packs by using Windows Update. Language packs installed using Windows Update provide a fully translated version of Windows dialog boxes, menu items, and help content. All the languages available for this type of download have a "Learn how" link in the right column of the table below.

Using the links on this page. You can download Language Interface Packs (LIPs) from the Microsoft Download Center by using the links below. You can install LIPs over any edition of Windows, but they provide a translated version of only the most widely used dialog boxes, menu items, and help content. To install a LIP, you will need to have the required parent language installed on your PC.

In order to fully translate you need ULTIMATE or ENTERPRISE. If you want only most used menus translated, than a LIP is available for all Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS