need windows 8.1 driver for Toshiba Satellite L50-A00V Notebook please

husskii

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
Hi guys
I just upgraded my Toshiba Satellite L50-A00V Notebook to windows 8.1 and I am missing my Toshiba hotkey function driver.. I havent been able to find the correct one and Toshiba Australia only offers drivers for windows 8 at the moment..

Can someone please hep me locate the driver..

Thanks

Solution

Obviously you've...
Windows 8 and 8.1 drivers are the same. It's the save as Windows 7 and windows 7 with a service pack. I HIGHLY doubt they make a special windows 8.1 driver unless their windows 8 driver was flawed and won't work. In which case talk to Toshiba. If it's not on their site it doesn't exist and obviously no one here is going to write one for you...

husskii

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
You two are mistaken, they actually do make 8.1 drivers and i know that because the euro toshiba website already has them.. not only that but toshiba service station offered an update to all these drivers when i had updated my OS, but for some reason it always has an ! next to it in device manager.. And since i upgraded to 8.1 y THKF isnt working properly no more i tried the euro driver but same problem..

ALSO WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS SITE A FEW YEARS BACK THERE WAS PROPER MEMBERS WHO TRIED TO HELP, NOT JUST POST RUBBISH TO BUILD THEIR POST COUNT.. DID U SEE ME ASK ANYWHERE FOR SOMEONE TO WRITE ONE.. NO YOU DIDNT, REASON BEING IS BECAUSE I NEVER ASKED.. I ASKED IF ANYONE KNEW OF A FIX, MAYBE A GENERIC DRIVER...

Obviously you've never read any of my other posts. There are still a lot of people around who actually help instead of simply padding post counts. Myself and the rest of the mod team actively look for and remove these people to improve the quality of information provided here.

To your other point, yes... there are 8.1 specific drivers made for many devices, but that does not negate the fact that Windows 8(.0) or even Windows 7 drivers could (and often do) work just fine. If the Windows 8 specific drivers are not working for you, try the Windows 7 drivers instead. If those don't work either, post back and we will see if we can help you locate one that does.

unksol and I aren't actually mistaken either. Windows 8 and 8.1 drivers are basically interchangeable, as manufacturers test their drivers under new versions of Windows and then write new ones if the current ones don't work. If in fact it is not something specific to your system causing the problem, and the Windows 8 drivers do not work under 8.1, Toshiba may be in the process of writing ones for 8.1 that do work right now. Contact Toshiba anyway and see if they can give you an update on when one will be available. If the Windows 8 drivers should work on that model (as far as Toshiba is concerned), then they can also assist with getting it working.

Lastly, please cool it with the caps. That really isn't necessary. I realize you're probably getting frustrated, but yelling on the forums isn't going to help solve this any quicker.

Solution

husskii

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
I contacted toshoiba this morning asking for support since my pc is only under a week old.. hopefully i will get this resolved.. ill try your advise and see if a win 7 driver works, but probably ill have to wait until they update the toshiba website..

In my opinion they already have these drivers since toshiba service station is able to get them.. but yea the THKF looks like it needs some work, I found a few posts with the same problem but for older OS etc, and wasnt any use to me.. I also tried installing in compatibility mode which was useless too..

ill give win 7 driver a go and hoppefully i will get a reply from toshiba soon, otherwise ill give them a call on tuesday and see why they havent replied..
i doubt win7 will work, because others have upgraded from 7 to 8 and had the same problem as me.. wont hurt to try though..

And yes sorry your right Im so frustrated with this pc I shouldnt of snapped.. its brand new and already has problems.. makes me wish i had bought another HP, this is the first and last toshiba i will ever touch lol..
But to top it off, these days in so many forums there are members that make unhelpful posts and truth be told, i didnt make a support request to hear peoples assumptions.

anyways thanks ill give win7 driver a go..

k thanks..