[SOLVED] Need wiring help with my Blue snowball microphone

Oct 26, 2019
So my Snowball rolled down to the ground and got notice from a friend it sounded weard, i took it appart and it was a loose wire. but it is no indicators o where it used to be and the breadboard is diffrent from the one i find on google. Its not the ice version. the black wire is connectet to the steelplate on the same clam as a red one going to usb connection.
Anyone that have any info or a draft sheet of this type thay could share?
100927191_711614486266019_4061215822629044224_n.jpg

Solution
My best guess is it goes to that solder pad that's at about the 2 o'clock position on that round circuit board.

The reason I say this is the other end is connected to what looks like a bracket which is usually ground....and many times that solder pad on the board would also be a ground.
My best guess is it goes to that solder pad that's at about the 2 o'clock position on that round circuit board.

The reason I say this is the other end is connected to what looks like a bracket which is usually ground....and many times that solder pad on the board would also be a ground.

Solution
Oct 26, 2019

it's what i also thought, but needed to be sure so i didn't burn it, but when i googled the mic and found images of it open and of the board none i found did have this solder point

You may have found images of a different version.

Many times...even on motherboards...and other types of circuit boards....the standoffs are the grounds....and to me...that pad at 2 o'clock looks like it could also be a standoff location....so I would think it's probably also a ground.

Reactions: Vims00