Gigabyte H310M S2
Intel Core i7-8700k
nvidia quadro P1000 GPU
Corsair 32GB Memory
480GB SSD
1TB HDD

OS Win10-64

Primary Usage: Animation, Adobe Suit (Licensed),

Question: Is the motherboard compatible with rest of the package? My system is hanging a lot, softwares are shutting down every 10 mins or so. What is wrong? could you tell?

Please help.

Regards.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
that is a very nice CPU and pairing it with the lowest tier intel chipset is, dare I say sacrilegious.
the k indicates an unlocked CPU ready for overclocking, but the motherboards chipset is really meant for entry level CPU's and is incapable of overclocking.
the PCIe revision supported is PCIe 2.0, current version (for years) is 3.0.
PSU make and model?
compatible? yes. Suggested? no

the CPU supports things the motherboard does not. dual channel memory, overclocking, faster PCIe revision

Oct 23, 2018

Thank you for replying.
No, not entirely. I asked my vendor for the specific CPU, GPU and RAM. Suggested to install the OS and softwares on a SSD. The RAM is Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16 GB x 2.

Vendor did the rest.
Yes I have checked the temperature which remained 37-38.
Drivers were also been installed by vendor.

Oct 23, 2018

Thank you for replying.
Yes, I thought so…:( Could you please suggest a motherboard that would bring out the essence from the CPU and GPU and everything (in minimum price range) ?
PSU make: ANTEC. Model: Not Sure.
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16 GB x 2 = 32GB

Oct 23, 2018

NVIDIA Quadro P1000
500 Watts Power supply.

Oct 23, 2018

Thanks a lot, will ask my vendor to provide the same.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
if the vendor skimped so much on the motherboard I fear what PSU he provided. 500w should be enough but which model is, who makes it?

the power supply feeds the system, it could be 500W of junkfood, or it could be 500w grade A lean clean power. cheapo power supplies can and will let the PC die during an event. (surges, brownouts) a good supply will jump on the grenade and save the system, it will allow itself to blow out before passing any fouled power to the system. you have a nice system, or will shortly, feed it well.

I did not reply because I was ninja'd. I was going to suggest the same motherboard

Oct 23, 2018

Thanks a lot. I wont take chances, straight away would ask the vendon to provide a better PSU, probably a Cooler Master PSU and Cabinet.
Mother board options/suggestions that I got so far: 1. Gigabyte Z370 HD3P, 2. ASRock Z370 Pro4 3. Asus ROG STRIX Z370-G GAMING (WIFI-AC), 4. ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac HDMI SATA 6GB USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

Would be of much help if you could suggest a specific PSU and MB. Thank you again.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I still like motherboard number 2.
the CX series PSU by corsair with the grey on the label (avoid the green labeled units - inferior) are good entry units. solid 5 year warranty
seasonic G series (any seasonic PSU really), EVGA G2 or G3, Corsair RMx series.