Needed downgrade to XP now nothing works

Jul 28, 2018
Ok here's the situation...

I am starting my own business which requires me to use a wide format printer. I recently got a great deal on a HP DesignJet 5000ps. I am new to the whole "commercial printer" world and wasnt aware that this model does not offer drivers for any version of windows beyond XP. No big deal..I have an older laptop laying around with an XP disc. So I wiped the hard drive clean and did a clean install of XP onto an ASUS model X55C which came with Win7.

So I goto the ASUS site from my other computer to download the drivers. I burn them to a DVD and attempt to install drivers for WLAN, Ethernet and Graphics. Each time it gives me an error saying "the hardware is not installed".

I have never ran into this issue before, then again I havent really delved into this type of stuff in years and years.

I have asked around to family and friends to no avail. Everyone is telling me to run in compatability mode but that does nothing for the drivers to my hardware.

Please HAAAAAALP

Solution
Earliest drivers I saw available were for Windows 7. Not surprising they're not working. You'll need to find the specific chip for each device (LAN, Wifi, Graphics), go to each manufacturer's web site and see if XP drivers are available for that particular chip.

I would note. Checking Intel's site shows no XP drivers for the HD3000 graphics.

-Wolf sends
Jul 28, 2018

I just downloaded whatever drivers they had. Maybe I'm not smart enough but I figured I could make this work

Wolfshadw

Titan
Earliest drivers I saw available were for Windows 7. Not surprising they're not working. You'll need to find the specific chip for each device (LAN, Wifi, Graphics), go to each manufacturer's web site and see if XP drivers are available for that particular chip.

I would note. Checking Intel's site shows no XP drivers for the HD3000 graphics.

-Wolf sends

Solution