Question Needed solution for workstation board

Sep 12, 2019
Hi, i have recently got a Lenovo s30 workstation motherboard
And I want to install it into new pc desktop and i have all components
So when i finish assembling and connect all cables won't work!
And i guess the problem form PSU that already have despite I'm sure his working good
So my question is this board need a compatible or a special PSU to work and boot
Or i just it may get a modeluar psu will be fine with all.

kanewolf

Titan
I see that motherboard has both an 8 pin supplemental power and 4 pin power. I don't know if both are REQUIRED. But is is possible. It also has an intrusion switch which might prevent it from powering on. OR the front panel pin out might be unusual. What documentation do you have?

Reactions: Younes gx95
Sep 12, 2019
I see that motherboard has both an 8 pin supplemental power and 4 pin power. I don't know if both are REQUIRED. But is is possible. It also has an intrusion switch which might prevent it from powering on. OR the front panel pin out might be unusual. What documentation do you have?
Yes. Sir, many who's asked them before about this board and its spec said demands two cables of power connector need necessary to plug in or can't boot
First the 8 pin and second in the left 4pin
And like said i Wonder wich PSU compatible this Server board to work eventually, cause you know this kind of borad workstation deffrent from normal desktop motherboard in term required power and pin match up, in this case dont know if required the original standard PSU to run or any PSU got 2× 8pin eps suitable also
That the main issue.
Here's the link of the pc company
https://support.lenovo.com/ma/en/solutions/pd023001hanks

Latest posts