[SOLVED] needed VBIOS flashing?

May 17, 2022
Hi, guys, yesterday I've updated my MB bios to enable Secure Boot, before update it just doesn't enabled, there was message "CSM is Loaded! Disable the CSM in Setup. Repeat the operation after Reboot to ensure UEFI Video (GOP) driver is operational", that because i've upgraded my BIOS, and after upgraded i've decided to try enable Secure Boot and after enabling Secure Boot, my MB don't POST, CMOS reset haven't helped, so I plugged in another GPU and removed Secure Boot
So that's a question, it looks like my GPU were at Mining Farm, so maybe it was flashed and it interfer secure boot or smthing, i dunno and maybe reflash will help
Google disk zip with 2 vbioses, one from gpuz and one from tech power up
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Radeon RX 580 8GB Pulse
MB: Gigabyte b450m DS3H, BIOS f63b (last)
Windows 11 onboard

Solution
Hi, guys, yesterday I've updated my MB bios to enable Secure Boot, before update it just doesn't enabled, there was message "CSM is Loaded! Disable the CSM in Setup. Repeat the operation after Reboot to ensure UEFI Video (GOP) driver is operational", that because i've upgraded my BIOS, and after upgraded i've decided to try enable Secure Boot and after enabling Secure Boot, my MB don't POST, CMOS reset haven't helped, so I plugged in another GPU and removed Secure Boot
So that's a question, it looks like my GPU were at Mining Farm, so maybe it was flashed and it interfer secure boot or smthing, i dunno and maybe reflash will help
GPU...
GPU: Radeon RX 580 8GB Pulse
MB: Gigabyte b450m DS3H, BIOS f63b (last)
Windows 11 onboard
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Flash this vbios (updated to the latest GOP, from your "techpowerup" bios)
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, flash to this bios, then after flashing the bios go to bios again, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), do not enable XMP yet, then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot, make sure after reboot power plan is on AMD Ryzen Balanced (if there is any).

• Install the latest radeon driver, or anermine zone (nimez) driver since it performed better on GCN GPU, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Solution