[SOLVED] Needing a Budget PSU

Dec 3, 2020
Currently needing a budget PSU, more specifically a 500w one. I don't know how to pick this, but I'm just going to post the specs here:

Cpu: Intel Core i5-2500s
RAM: 2x 4gb ddr3
Mainboard: Gigabyte H61M-DS2
Gpu: Rx 560 4gb
1 ssd
2 hdd
1 monitor
and of course, 24 hour game time.

I know 450w could probably more or less run the thing, but just to be EXTRA safe, i'm going to go for a 500w one.

Currently contemplating at either Be quiet! System Power u9 bronze, or the Evga 500bq bronze. If there are any other Psu's that is a better choice, please respond to this thread. Thank you.

Solution
Bequiet? I'm assuming you are in the EU?what location/budget?

Evga isn't the same as who they were. They have a ton of lower end units. In general i now suggest avoiding them. The bequiet you listed would work.

Your total system draw btw will be 200-250w. So yes, even a quality 450W will work.

4745454b

Titan

Evga isn't the same as who they were. They have a ton of lower end units. In general i now suggest avoiding them. The bequiet you listed would work.

Your total system draw btw will be 200-250w. So yes, even a quality 450W will work.

Solution
Dec 3, 2020
No, i'm in SEA, also, budget is around 60ish dollar
Really? Never heard of this before, saw a list or two saying that the evga 500, either the white or bronze, is quite good.

Are there any other suggestion you could think of?

list i saw:

No, i'm in SEA, also, budget is around 60ish dollar

Really? Never heard of this before, saw a list or two saying that the evga 500, either the white or bronze, is quite good.

Are there any other suggestion you could think of?

list i saw:

CoolerMaster, Corsair and Seasonic have some decent PSU for the money, but I don't know if you can get those brands.

Is there any online or local retailer your going to pick de PSU from and that you can share the site with us?

Dec 3, 2020
Is there any online or local retailer your going to pick de PSU from and that you can share the site with us?
is basically one of the most popular sites to buy things in my country. but the thing is about this is that some of them are just obviously fakes and stuff, so i'd recommend you to sort it by "ulasan" rather than "paling sesuai" if it was not translated automatically. Ratings are obviously the stars, and the number of product bought is right after the ratings.

D

Deleted member 2720853

CX550M is possibly the best budget PSU atm, same with CX 450.

Heck, I'm using a CX 650 with my RTX 3070 and Ryzen 9 3900X system and I've had no issues. My 65W + 20W monitors and the PC are plugged into my UPS, and the UPS only reports about 380W total draw during heavy gaming.

D

Deleted member 2838871

Evga white psus are super budget. They won't start your house on fire, but they aren't gaming psus either. If use them only if there was no better option, and as long as I'm not plugging in a gpu power plug. Evga does have some good psus. But the white and bronze units leave a lot to be desired.

Yeah I've heard that... but never had a problem with EVGA PSU's but then again I've only ever bought the Gold + units... 750W for the last 2 builds and the current build has a 1000W unit.

Their customer service is amazing I hear and even though I've never had a need I've continued to buy from them because their PSUs have given me great performance. Their low end units are something I'll never experience because putting a PC together with thousands of dollars worth of components and then going cheap on the one component that is the "heart" of the PC is something I'd never even consider.