Question Needing a last bit of stability for 3200 on Ryzen

uKER

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2012
I have a Ryzen 1700 on an ASUS Prime B350 PLUS motherboard with GSkill RipJaws V 3200 C14 memory (Samsung b-die).

The kit seems wonderful. Enter the BIOS, select DOCP and everything is right as rain on 3200 MHz.
I have even played some 3 hours of Just Cause 4 with no stability issues.

The thing is, in the long run (longer than 20 minutes) it appears to show some minor hiccups on MemTest64 or Prime95.
I tried raising VSOC from 1.10 to 1.30 (+0.2 is where the offset starts to show yellow) but that didn't seem to help.

Any other suggestions before I bite the bullet and go all the way with Thaiphoon and Ryzen DRAM Calculator?

Thanks in advance!

uKER

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2012
Sorry for the late response. Been some busy days.

Yes, latest BIOS, dated December 2018, using AGESA 1006.
No issues at 2133.
With the default DOCP timings, the memory has even run MemTest64 stable for some 20 minutes, but it eventually starts bugging out.
Getting that "so close yet so far" feeling.

I tried fiddling around following this guide, and even tried his modded BIOS, but didn't help.

For reference, here's the timings I was suggested by Ryzen DRAM Calculator (safe preset).
Tried all of those, including the alternative ones.

View: https://imgur.com/hSz8zhI

View: https://imgur.com/RlbykRk

Any suggestions are welcome.

uKER

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2012
I just figured it out.

Seems like when choosing to use DOCP in the BIOS, only the voltage, CL, RCDRD, RCDWR, RP and RAS are read from the XMP profile.
For whatever reason, RC, RFC1, RFC2, RFC4, RDDL, RDDS and FAW are ignored.
When I read these timings' values using AIDA64, I saw that they were nothing like the values that the DRAM Calculator suggested.

So I went into the BIOS, reset everything to default, chose DOCP, entered these new values manually, and the system became stable.
Ran 1 hour of MemTest64 with no issue.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

uKER

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2012
Seems like I jumped the gun.

Still not 100% there.

While the system does pass 4 hours of MemTest64, it seems like gaming is not as stable.
Just Cause 4 is crashing after less than an hour of gameplay.

Is there anything that can be causing the RAM to fail under more CPU-intensive scenarios?

Thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS