Question Needing help adding RAM to my laptop.

Sep 3, 2019
Hello, I am wanting add additional RAM to my laptop. I am hoping to find out what kind of RAM comes in the HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx. I know that it has 8GB of DDR3 however I don’t know if it is 4 onboard and 4 as a stick? or if it has 2 slots and I can just order one stick of 8gb to match. This would be my choice. Would be great if you also knew the brand so I can be sure to get as close as possible. Just looking to figure this all out before opening her up. I use this laptop for work so only want to open it once.

Thank you in advance.

Sep 3, 2019
Thank you for your reply! I appreciate the manual you linked to. I have saved it it for this task as well as for future needs. However I am not sure if it fully answers my question. I am ready to place an order for the extra RAM, however I am not sure what to order. Can I get away with just ordering the 1 sick of 8gb to add to what is already in the HP?

On page 36 I find the following:

Memory module NOTE: Primary and expansion memory is installed in a side-by-side configuration on the system board. If only one memory module is installed, it must be installed in the socket labeled 1.

8-MB, SODIMM, DDR4-2400, 1.2-V
4-MB, SODIMM, DDR4-2400, 1.2-V

=====

Would it be safe to say that I could just order any "8-MB, SODIMM, DDR4-2400, 1.2-V " and slap it in there with the other one already installed?