Question Needing help with motherboard

Nov 11, 2019
Hello, I have an MSI 970 gaming motherboard and it has given me problems with a black screen with 99 code in the bottom right and won't boot up. I've tried everything on forums but nothing seems to work so I need help finding a compatible motherboard that will give me no problems. Listed below are my specs, thank you in advanced for your time.

Cpu- amd fx 8300 unlocked
Motherboard - MSI 970 gaming
Ram - 2x4gb ripjaws
Graphics - Geforce gtx 1050ti 4GT LP
Power supply - EVGA 650 GQ

Hello, I have an MSI 970 gaming motherboard and it has given me problems with a black screen with 99 code in the bottom right and won't boot up. I've tried everything on forums but nothing seems to work so I need help finding a compatible motherboard that will give me no problems. Listed below are my specs, thank you in advanced for your time.

Cpu- amd fx 8300 unlocked
Motherboard - MSI 970 gaming
Ram - 2x4gb ripjaws
Graphics - Geforce gtx 1050ti 4GT LP
Power supply - EVGA 650 GQ

AM3+ is getting harder to find by the day, especially ones suitable for 8 core FX's, so prices reflect it. If it doesn't at least have a heatsink on the FET's I'd avoid it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#s=4&sort=price&c=16,17,18

Any good motherboard for AM3+ will cost near $100. An upgrade to a Ryzen 5 1600, b450 board, and 8gb ddr4 would cost $200.
It really is not worth it to spend that much to fix your system.

You could sell your old ram for $25 and CPU for $50. This would mean an upgrade would only cost $125, where buying a new board and keeping current ram and CPU would cost $100. See my point?