[SOLVED] Needing to reinstall windows multiple times a week

TheKittenSlay3r

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
I have just recently fixed an issue with a computer not taking a windows installation due to a dying SSD drive and now windows on the latest update has forced the computer to restore windows once again, This happened with an entirely different PC a week ago and at the moment this will be the 6th reinstall between both pc's, how can I even begin to diagnose this issue?

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows 10 edition/version information.

Drive(s): make model, capacity, how full?

Key question - this:

"This happened with an entirely different PC a week ago and at the moment this will be the 6th reinstall between both pc's, how can I even begin to diagnose this issue?"

Where/how are you getting Windows 10?

TheKittenSlay3r

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
CPU I7 9700k
Moba Asus Z370 E wifi
Ram 32GB G Skill Tridentz 4x4
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB (Just purchased on Tuesday)

The other PC was a work computer we purchased refurbished from a dell partner, both computers in the same week had infinite black load screens and needed fresh installs. On the Dell work PC I also purchased the same drive above to upgrade since I was doing a fresh install as it was.

I am using a USB that I've only used for this purpose and I get the files from microsoft's page for creating a bootable drive. On the Current PC with the latest issue it had actually wiped the drive in the process of diagnosing the original problem which ended up just being a dying SSD. I don't know if that is useful information but just a first for me seeing that.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and Windows 10 edition/version information.

Drive(s): make model, capacity, how full?

Key question - this:

"This happened with an entirely different PC a week ago and at the moment this will be the 6th reinstall between both pc's, how can I even begin to diagnose this issue?"

Where/how are you getting Windows 10?

Ralston18

Titan
Solution