Question Needs Repair blue screen stuck

May 13, 2023
Hello,

I'm running a Dell Optiplex 990 under Win 10 22H2... I was unable to open the BIOS, despite trying about ten suggested solutions. Then, the last suggestion made the situation worse: The suggestion was to set the system to Normal Start. I did that, and rebooted.

That brought me to a Blue Screen telling me that the System needed a Repair. Three options displayed below. I tried each, and nothing happened. Next, I tried to boot from a Reflect Rescue DVD, but the DVD reader never starts.

What might I try next? (BTW, I have a large mallet at the ready...)

Sincere thanks,
A.C.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I was unable to open the BIOS, despite trying about ten suggested solutions.
Can you please pass the steps you've tried that has led you to the creation of this thread?

I'd try and fabricate a bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and then try and repair the OS.

May 13, 2023
Hi..., and I thank you for the welcome.

I'll give your suggestion a try, but wonder if the box will be able to boot into a USB drive, given that it can't seem to see the DVD drive.

All the best,
A.C.

May 13, 2023
Hi Lutfij,

I somehow did not notice your request for the steps I tried in my efforts to get into the BIOS - I am not in my office right now, so am trusting my memory:

After rebooting, I tried slowly tapping the F2 key the moment the new boot started (I'm on a Dell, and F2 always worked fine.) Next, I used the same method trying F5, F8, F12, and Delete after each reboot. Nothing happened other than locking me into the BSOD. When doing all that, the F lock key on my keyboard was lit which I thought was correct, indicating that the F keys were locked ON. But, just in case I had that wrong, I still toggled the F key to turn off the F indicator light. Still no luck.

Next, I tried all the different reboot options available in Windows Settings.

If I come up with any other attempts that I have not described, I will let you know.

And finally, for now, I made the USB Windows Installation Stick you suggested, and will be able to try it tomorrow.

Many thanks,