Neomagic Magicgraph 256AV Driver

Toshiba Tecra 8000

Is this the only driver for Windows XP? I need a driver that allows a
640 x 480 resolution, the lowest I can get with this one is 800 x 600.

Can't find anything on the Toshiba website.

TIA

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:mm7q619e16jmn74es2cv440v2im1p8l2hu@4ax.com,
Chris or Larry LaMere <ljlamere@acd.net> had this to say:

> Toshiba Tecra 8000
>

> Is this the only driver for Windows XP? I need a driver that allows a
> 640 x 480 resolution, the lowest I can get with this one is 800 x 600.
>
> Can't find anything on the Toshiba website.
>
> TIA

Well, you're probably not going to find too many people with the Tecra 8000
running XP. Oddly I happen to have a 8100 sitting right here beside me as we
speak however. I tried changing it to 16 bit and then seeing if I could drop
it down that low. I can not. You *might* be able to get away with changing
the monitor to a standard monitor and then checking to see if you can change
it then though you'll probably be stuck in something sad like 8 bit
graphics. So, in short, no... Not really... There might be some strange
third party tool that would let you do this but I have to ask, why? Is there
some reason you want to change the display to such a large display? On a
14.1" display 800x600 is still fairly easy to read unless you've some sort
of vision trouble. If that's the case then you *could* plug it into an
external monitor, increase the fonts, increase the size of the icons, or use
some of the accessibility options to improve the quality of your computing
experience.

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:18:16 -0400, "Galen" <galennews@gmail.com>
wrote:

>In news:mm7q619e16jmn74es2cv440v2im1p8l2hu@4ax.com,
>Chris or Larry LaMere <ljlamere@acd.net> had this to say:

>> Toshiba Tecra 8000
>>

>> Is this the only driver for Windows XP? I need a driver that allows a
>> 640 x 480 resolution, the lowest I can get with this one is 800 x 600.
>>
>> Can't find anything on the Toshiba website.
>>
>> TIA
>
>Well, you're probably not going to find too many people with the Tecra 8000
>running XP. Oddly I happen to have a 8100 sitting right here beside me as we
>speak however. I tried changing it to 16 bit and then seeing if I could drop
>it down that low. I can not. You *might* be able to get away with changing
>the monitor to a standard monitor and then checking to see if you can change
>it then though you'll probably be stuck in something sad like 8 bit
>graphics. So, in short, no... Not really... There might be some strange
>third party tool that would let you do this but I have to ask, why? Is there
>some reason you want to change the display to such a large display? On a
>14.1" display 800x600 is still fairly easy to read unless you've some sort
>of vision trouble. If that's the case then you *could* plug it into an
>external monitor, increase the fonts, increase the size of the icons, or use
>some of the accessibility options to improve the quality of your computing
>experience.
>
>Galen

Hi Galen, I'm using the laptop to run old win 95 and 98 turn based
combat rpg games. Oddly enough they run ok except for the size of the
game screen. In the compatibility tool there's a checkbox for 640 x
480 but it doesn't do anything.

If there's nothing I can do, I can live with it but i"d like to play
the games full screen.

With this driver the game screen is about 6 x 8 inches on a 14 inch
lcd display.

Thanks for your reply.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:6evq6158tqupg3l94tvpffh7dv9c1bgh3f@4ax.com,
Chris or Larry LaMere <ljlamere@acd.net> had this to say:

> Hi Galen, I'm using the laptop to run old win 95 and 98 turn based
> combat rpg games. Oddly enough they run ok except for the size of the
> game screen. In the compatibility tool there's a checkbox for 640 x
> 480 but it doesn't do anything.
>
> If there's nothing I can do, I can live with it but i"d like to play
> the games full screen.
>
> With this driver the game screen is about 6 x 8 inches on a 14 inch
> lcd display.
>
> Thanks for your reply.

I DOUBT that this will work but you can try it:

DOSBox, a x86 emulator with DOS:
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

cocoadragon

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
if your still looking for a neomagic magicgraph 256 av driver for xp i might be able to help you out. neomagic's website seems to be down. there is a legit driver on driversguide.com and you can try emailing me at pimpthissale@yahoo.com for a copy of the version i downloaded. My xp was freaking out. Took forever to figure out it was the video card not drawing. With windows 7 out, I can't claim its like a new PC, but it has convinced me not to buy a new one unless its just ridiculously priced. good luck. make sure you pick the CORRECT version. Just remember your search should be fore Neomagic and not toshiba

rs - Toshiba - tecra 8000 - driver20401.zip
Download driver