[SOLVED] Nerds , Rise up (240fps)

Jan 7, 2020
(Well, first off, english its not my main languange so sorry any error)

Well, im just another guy that is trying is luck in Esports scene, im here cause i know nothin about pc builds (just the basic, so its not enough)

Im looking for a good pc building to play in low-medium settings the follow games:
Overwatch
Fortnite
Cs:go
Apex legends

The only must is that the GPU needs to be a 2080ti and at least a 1 ssd of tb
I want the best build without overpays, it needs to be fast in loading out (The fatest ssd and ram if possible), and hopefully not dropping from 240fps down
my range is anything between 2000-2750€

Thanks, may the fire be with you.

(the pc is only for pro gaming things, so no need of rgbs, if possible, a silence case)

Solution
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (€481.27 @ Newegg Portugal)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€152.90 @ Globaldata)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€221.00 @ Globaldata)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory (€205.75 @ Newegg Portugal)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€219.90 @ Globaldata)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card (€793.00 @ Globaldata)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (€84.90 @ Globaldata)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€99.90 @ Globaldata)
Total: €2258.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-08 05:38 CET+0100

2080 Super is the same performance as the 2080Ti.

Gonna want to add a 120mm intake fan at the bottom, and probably at least one 140mm exhaust fan on the top (in addition to the stock rear 120mm exhuast).

H115i in the front.

Last edited:
Solution
Jan 7, 2020
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (€481.27 @ Newegg Portugal)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO 55.4 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€152.90 @ Globaldata)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€221.00 @ Globaldata)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory (€205.75 @ Newegg Portugal)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€219.90 @ Globaldata)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card (€793.00 @ Globaldata)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case (€84.90 @ Globaldata)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€99.90 @ Globaldata)
Total: €2258.62
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-08 05:38 CET+0100

2080 Super is the same performance as the 2080Ti.

Gonna want to add a 120mm intake fan at the bottom, and probably at least one 140mm exhaust fan on the top (in addition to the stock rear 120mm exhuast).

H115i in the front.

Damn, that´s pretty good, and rigth in the spot of money i want to use, about the fans, can you explain that a little bit better?

No problem. Some of these things are specific to the Fractal Mesify C case I put in my build list (aka, what size, where, and how many fans to add) and some are more generic.

Generic:
You generally want more air being forced into a case than out of it (also referred to as positive pressure). This forces the most possible air through fan filters (if your case has them) to keep dust buildup inside the case to a minimum. If there's more air being forced out of a case than into it, the air is going to come in through all the openings to balance the airflow out, many of such openings may be unfiltered.

AIO (water cooling) radiators are VERY airflow restrictive because their fins are so close together. Because of this, it's advised to use fans with high "static pressure" (aka how much Pa of air pressure a fan can produce) to give the fan(s) the best chance at getting air though the rad. This is a very easy phenomena to observe (even with high static pressure fans installed). Simply crank the rad fans to 100% and put your hand (or a tissue) in front of the fan. There will be a noticeable amount of air splash-back (my term). Because of this, obviously the full rated CFM of the fan(s) is not passing through the radiator. Regardless of where the AIO is (intake or exhaust) this needs to be accounted for when you're doing your CFM math (I generally count a fan on a rad as 1/2 it's rated CFM). As explained above, this is more important if the AIO is set as an air intake (since you may not be getting as much air forced into your case as you'd thought)

Bigger fans move more air at the same rpm (obvious), so if there's mounting holes for multiple size fans in a location, the largest one is generally preferable as long as physical clearance to other components isn't an issue. Lower rpm = less static pressure though also (if you're replacing/adding to the stock fans that come with an AIO, or having to put fans in the front of a case that doesn't provide ample ventilation for the front intake fans).

Generally there's a point where you reach diminishing cooling returns by adding more and more fans. Also each fan makes noise. Therefore, if you add 5 more fans (and their respective noise and cost) but only gain another -3C on your CPU and/or GPU...is it worth it?.....Different people have different stances on this. My personal rig is very quiet and even while gaming it's noise output doesn't/barely increases.

Specific:
Having specc'd the Fractal Meshify C and a H115i (280mm AIO), the H115i has to go in the front (per manufacturer spec page). That's going to be set as air intake into the case. However, as explained above, the airflow is rather restricted, so adding an addition intake fan in the bottom 120mm filtered fan mount location will push fresh cold air right at the GPU. That stock 120mm exhaust fan roughly cancels out the bottom 120mm intake, so we've still got positive air pressure from the (1 equivalent 140mm fan) AIO fans. Therefore, a top mounted, low rpm 140mm fan could be helpful. I'd put this as close to the AIO as possible to suck that heated air out of the case before it gets to the GPU.

As to what fan(s) to buy.
That's going to be pretty contestable since everyone has their own opinions and experiences. Noctua fans are high quality, but they're expensive, and other manufacturers make high quality fans also. As a general rule of thumb, anything under 1300rpm isn't going to make much noise. RGB fans usually sacrifice performance for looks.

Reactions: FoxGodIg