Nero 5 and Plextor 12/10/32A

manish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I recently got Plextor 12/10/32A (thanks to this forum for suggestions and tips). Nero 5 does well to write a CD-R at 12x, but the problem comes with CD-RW, where Nero doesn't show option above 4x. The Plextor Manager 2000 software, however, can copy a CD to CD-RW at 12x however. The problem seems to be with Nero 5 only. I haven't tried any other CD-writing software yet.

Manish
http://manishmalik.cjb.net - just another 1-page site.

G

First of all, I'm completely sure that the Plextor Manager 2000 can't burn a CD-RW at 12X (maybe I misunderstood you). On the other side, with any software, if you want to write CD-RW at more than 4X, you must buy High Speed CD-RW media (just like the one which came with the Plextor) that allow you to rewrite at 10X. If you are already using them with Nero 5, look for an update.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a question about nero5. I also have a Plextor 12/10/32a and i used to burn cds with no problem. But i just went to make a data cd today (i havent burned any cds in about a month) and everytime i try to burn the data to a blank cdr, i get a "scsi/ide write error" followed by "invalid writestate" error. This happens when i just burn it and when i test it first. I am only trying to burn about 300meg (microsoft visual c++ 6.0) to the cd and i am absolutely sure my media burns at 12x. But just to be sure, i tried 8x burning with the same results. Anyone have any possible hints for me?

also, i am running win2k and have the latest via 4-in-1 drivers, which include the busmaster drivers which i think may be causing my problems, i will try to uninstall those to see if it helps

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheAntipop on 02/02/01 02:37 PM.</EM></FONT></P>