Nestle is Going to Sell Android-branded KitKats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
Seeing as Android is owned by Google and Google is an American company, and in America, KitKats are produced by Hershey, shouldn't they be produced by Hershey?

(Since Hershey makes FAR better chocolate, anyway!)

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Seems my hunch about a Kit Kat product tie-in was correct. The use of a trademarked name made it suspicious (looked what happened with M$ and the "Metro" name they had to drop).

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Sounds more like a marketing deal since they never made this a problem with Froyo. Well, that and the fact it doesn't matter if no ones heard of the food product you named an OS after.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Caffeinecarl, just because Hershey makes KitKat in the USA does not mean that is the only place in the world where KitKats, or indeed Android, is sold - there is a whole other 95% of the human race in other places

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

Let's make this about chocolate... so you say your mass producer is making far better chocolate... but far better than what ? some other crap supermarket brands? I'm afraid you live fed by marketing lies. There isn't a single corporate large volume producer that's making high quality chocolate period

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007

Commercial fitness centers could help subsidize it. Sounds like a business opportunity!

someperson123

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013

That is the point: Hershey does NOT make KitKat, people!

Look:
http://www.hersheys.com/pure-products.aspx
http://www.nestle.com/brands

Find KitKat on the Hershey website. You won't. Nestle also manufactures many products and sells in the USA, including... you guessed it! KitKat bars.

People must assume that Hershey makes ALL candy bars. Mars and Nestle would avidly disagree.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009

ehh... I'm sure what he ment that Hershey's factories make kitkat for usa... not that they sell KitKat under Hershey's logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.