[SOLVED] Ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration Nightmare & Zoning Question

gameoverman2016

Honorable
Sep 6, 2017
Hi all, I live with family and the modem by comcast is in my room and I have familys pc in the upstairs opposite end of the house, connected via Netgear powerline 1000 plugs.

This has worked great for the past 18 month. Yesterday a new issue began. net doesn't have a valid ip configuration. This happened 18 month ago and I dont recall how I fixed it. I think I cheated and just reformatted the pc. This isnt an option now.

I tried all the normal reboot modem, netsh ipconfig release and every guide I could find on the issue as well as resinking the poweline adapters/ No luck.

I also called and asked about a 2nd modem. They agreed they can bill me for a new account under another family members name, but they would have to "re zone" my home for a garden apartment.

Will this change my homes property value or increase my property taxes? Thanks

Solution
I don't think the city/county tax entities will be told by the cable company that your house was "re-zoned" in the cable company database.
For the cost of a second internet feed, you could pay a professional to install ethernet cable to the remote end of the house. I would recommend that approach.

kanewolf

Titan
I don't think the city/county tax entities will be told by the cable company that your house was "re-zoned" in the cable company database.
For the cost of a second internet feed, you could pay a professional to install ethernet cable to the remote end of the house. I would recommend that approach.

Solution