Net Framework 3.5 won't enable.

vassilevmma

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
I've recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 after installing a new motherboard with Ryzen CPU.

Problem is I'd like to run some of my own favored applications but they need Net Fr 3.5,so they ask me to install and enable it,I do,then it asks for a restart,I restard,and then when I try to use that application it asks for NetFr 3.5 install all over again,with restart,and then the same thing again.

I've tried manually enabling it from the control panel in programs manager but after restart its still disabled.

Whats the problem with it,Im completely new to Win10 so I have no idea what trick I need to do.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Open cmd in administrator mode and do this:

Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Where D: is your windows installation disc or extracted ISO. IF you need the ISO, the Windows Media creation tool can download it for you.

vassilevmma

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018

Did that and it says this:

The operation is complete but NetFx3 feature was not enabled.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\Windows\system32>

vassilevmma

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
I still havent found a solution to this.This will seriously make me go refund this piece of shit and go back to windows 7,they say there are workaround to get it working with Ryzen properly.