Net Framework 3.5 wont install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean2196

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Can anybody out there help me get Net framework 3.5 to install?! I've tried every "fix" out there and nothing worked. DISM, online installs, etc...I can't get it to install for the life of me. I dont wanna have to reinstall Windows 10 or revert back to 7. :(

Solution
I decided to factory reset my windows 10. fixed it -.-. It shouldnt have been broken in the first place. Thanks for all the help but i guess something was corrupt and had to go. :I

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

You may first check if the .NET Framework 3.5 is available in the Control Panel on Windows 10 and if available, you may enable it from the Control Panel to install it on the computer. To check if the.NET Framework 3.5 is available in Control Panel and to enable it, please follow these steps:

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard.
b) Type “appwiz.cpl” in the “Run” command box and press “ENTER”.
c) In the “Programs and Features” window, click on the link “Turn Windows features on or off”.
d) Check if the “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” option is available in it.
e) If yes, then enable it and then click on “OK”.
f) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart the computer, if prompted.

You may refer to this Youtube guide as well on how to install .Net Framework 3.5;

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO3gb5JA7cQ&feature=iv&src_vid=_syV8IrTbVE&annotation_id=annotation_2653158963"][/video]

sean2196

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
I've tried both of those fixes as stated and i even tried them again now. It just doesnt work. When i enter the DISM code thing. It says "cannot find the file specified" same goes for when i try to install 3.5. I have friends with Windows 10 who dont have a 3.5 issue T_T

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015

Method 1: You may try these solutions;

>> Run these commands in Command Prompt (Admin).

a. PressWindows key +X.
b. Click oncommand Prompt (Administrator).

On the open Command Prompt window copy and paste the commands (one by one and on this order) –

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

pause

c. Wait for the process to complete.
d. Close the Command Prompt.
Now, try to install the .net framework 3.5 again. Check if it helps.

Method 2: Run the System update readiness tool.

a. PressWindows key + X.

b. Clickcommand prompt (Run as administrator).

c. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press theEnter key after each command:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

d. To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, typeExit, and then press Enter.

e. RunWindows Update again also try to install .Net Framework.

Method 3: Temporarily disable third party security software (anti-viruses, etc). And try again your installation.

sean2196

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
For whatever reason my command promt wont open anymore. i restarted my pc and it still wont open. something happend D:
EDIT: it was just acting REALLY slow for some reason. nevermind.

sean2196

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
I decided to factory reset my windows 10. fixed it -.-. It shouldnt have been broken in the first place. Thanks for all the help but i guess something was corrupt and had to go. :I

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.