[SOLVED] NetDot Gen10 USB-C Magnetic Cables?

PCDesignerR

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 30, 2014
Has anyone used the NetDot Gen10 USB-C magnetic head cables for phone chargers? They look pretty great and seem to have good reviews. I'm just trying to get some words from anyone who may have used these before. Thanks!

-PCDesignerR

Venomenator

Reputable
May 22, 2019
I signed up so that I could offer some input. I recently made the switch from the NetDot Gen3 to the Gen10. And I will honestly say that I'm just about to switch back. The new form factor of the coupling of the cable with the adapter collects so much dust. Now, beyond the fact that the cable head itself can collect dust (which was a pain enough), now the adapter itself is able to collect a substantial amount, and causes the cable to not seat properly. Leading to both power and data transfer problems.

I have been pretty disappointed with the attempted design progression. From a usability standpoint, it's been a huge step backward.

PCDesignerR

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 30, 2014
I signed up so that I could offer some input. I recently made the switch from the NetDot Gen3 to the Gen10. And I will honestly say that I'm just about to switch back. The new form factor of the coupling of the cable with the adapter collects so much dust. Now, beyond the fact that the cable head itself can collect dust (which was a pain enough), now the adapter itself is able to collect a substantial amount, and causes the cable to not seat properly. Leading to both power and data transfer problems.

I have been pretty disappointed with the attempted design progression. From a usability standpoint, it's been a huge step backward.

For the length of time I've using the same single head in my phone and the same cable I haven't experienced that issue.

Nov 15, 2019
I have both the gen 3, for my micro-USB devices and gen 10 for my USB-C devices. I like the products and use them for almost all my devices. They are a big improvement in reliability over the manufacturers' charging ports.

Reactions: PCDesignerR