Question Netflix/Video Popup View Stutter on Windows 10?

CeleBelly

Reputable
Mar 31, 2020
TLDR: When I play Netflix or any video in popup view (via the app) on my Windows 10 PC it stutters and freezes constantly unless I click back to it.

Full: I've a ASUS tower with Windows 10 and 16 GB of RAM, 3TB hardrive and an AMD Radeon RX 480 graphics card. I only have one monitor and like to game so I'll open the Netflix app and watch things in the popup window so it's always on top while I do other things. Occasionally it works properly, though most of the time it'll stutter and freeze constantly whenever I tab back into a game. I watched the usage and my game never takes up too too much RAM and it doesn't look like Netflix (or other popup video programs) take up any less than necessary. I play all my games in Windowed

Fullscreen/Borderless and usually have my FPS capped at around 70. At first I thought it was only Netflix, though I use the Floating in YouTube chrome extension and it had the exact same problem, so I don't think it's the video apps. It happens with FFXIV, World of Warcraft, GW2, really any game I play. Any help would be appreciated. It's impossible to watch things and game with it acting this way. Thank you in advance!