Netgear A6210 not working properly with Windows 10 (no 5ghz) & cannot install new driver (error 1605)

mrminivee

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
I changed over to windows 10 the other day, and ever since then windows assigned a driver to it automaticly "802.11ac Wireless LAN Card".

I am unable to get 5ghz now and there are just a herd of problems such as sometimes it doesnt pickup, makes me put password in again etc.

So i realised its a driver problem and went onto the Netgear website and downloaded the new firmwire xxxx.30 for windows 10.

When i try install it, it gives me two options, Reinstall/upgrade or Remove. on both options I only get an "ERROR 1605: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."

And if i go into Programs and Features to "Uninstall" Netgear A6210 i get another error as such. I am unable to uninstall or install new drivers, and the one windows has given me is useless. Also i have gone into the Device manager to find other drivers without luck.

I have done registry fixing with ccleaner and im not too sure what else to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

mrminivee

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Where could i find it, if it was expanding it?

kanewolf

Titan

Search your drive for a "Netgear" folder ????

mrminivee

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

I dont have any netgear folder, on program and features says i got netgear there installed, but i dont