[SOLVED] Netgear AC1600 Reconfiguring

Oct 21, 2020
I need assistance Reconfiguring my Netgear AC1600 Modem/Router combo (or at least, that is what Netgear says I have to do)

We have been having wifi issues lately, and Netgear stated that the issue is not with the hardware but that it requires a complete reconfiguration of my router. The catch is, they charge you $50+ to do this.

Was hoping someone would be able to help so I can avoid paying an obnoxious amount of money for them to probably push 3 buttons.

Thank you in advance!!

Solution
Normally reconfig of a router is trivial. You factory reset it, set the admin and wifi passwords and you are good to go. You generally should not set other feature until you are sure it works on the default settings.

When you have a router with a DSL modem in it sometime this is more complex. It all depends on how the ISP set things up. Some you do nothing special and it will connect. Other it has a userid and password in the dsl configuration. I would first look at these screens and then the ISP site. They should have instructions on how to set the dsl stuff up if you need to.
Oct 21, 2020
Re-configured to what purpose?
What's the issue you are having and what do you need to accomplish?
I am not really sure to be honest, all they said was it has to be reconfigured...

Our wifi signal keeps losing connection (it will connect and say no internet connection, or it will not connect at all). Netgear said it is a process that would take them 20-30 minutes but will cost $49.95 for the support. But all they really said is it needs a reconfiguration of the router, essentially "reset" but not just holding the reset button on the back.

They mentioned something about sometimes when you connect multiple devices to your network at once, the IP address or something else could get messed up? I am not a tech person so I honestly have no idea what they were talking about...

Normally reconfig of a router is trivial. You factory reset it, set the admin and wifi passwords and you are good to go. You generally should not set other feature until you are sure it works on the default settings.

When you have a router with a DSL modem in it sometime this is more complex. It all depends on how the ISP set things up. Some you do nothing special and it will connect. Other it has a userid and password in the dsl configuration. I would first look at these screens and then the ISP site. They should have instructions on how to set the dsl stuff up if you need to.

Solution
Oct 21, 2020

I see... Yea, I tried the ole factory reset button on the back and that didn't do it, unfortuantely. But that makes sense with the modem set up being apart of it. Thanks, I will give them a call, see if there is something I need them to do on their end.. Appreciate the help!