Netgear C6300 problems?

Apr 5, 2018
Hi, just recently I got an asus AC1900P which is an amazing router, but I have ran into a problem. I have an ethernet cable running through to my modem (yes, the router mode is shut off on it, so no wireless, and the wifi button won't turn on the wifi because I have router mode disabled) and I cannot access the settings page. So I attempted changing the IP address of the router, so I can access the modem,thought that was the issue, that didn't work. I then proceeded to unplug the router from the modem, and forced a restart on the modem, that also didn't work. I tried pinging the address of the modem, with 100% packet loss, but the internet connection works fine. And a while back I had a different router before it, a R6900v2, which was a total piece of worthless crap, went through three and NONE worked right, and I had this SAME problem also, and the reset button on the modem WILL NOT work. Netgear has screwy products, I refuse to buy anymore netgear products. But yeah, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
its not a good idea to blame products for a user misuse ;)
Your computer probably connects to a router which in turn connects via WAN port to the modem.
your computer and modem are on two different networks -> hence they can not talk to each other. Same as you cant directly access computers in other houses (you need special software or right configuration for that).
If you want to access modem:
* configure the router to allow that.
* connect the modem directly to a computer.
here is probably the simplest way - https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Access-modem-Web-UI-on-WAN-port-(no-script)
its not a good idea to blame products for a user misuse ;)
Your computer probably connects to a router which in turn connects via WAN port to the modem.
your computer and modem are on two different networks -> hence they can not talk to each other. Same as you cant directly access computers in other houses (you need special software or right configuration for that).
If you want to access modem:
* configure the router to allow that.
* connect the modem directly to a computer.
here is probably the simplest way - https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Access-modem-Web-UI-on-WAN-port-(no-script)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS