Question Netgear CM1200 blinking upstream light and loss of connection

johnmiami6315

Commendable
Jul 18, 2018
I bought a Netgear CM1200 modem a few months back and its been performing great until a week and a half ago. I was on my phone at around 2 AM when i noticed the router lost connection for about 5 minutes every 20 ish minutes. I thought nothing of it and just went to sleep. The next morning I woke up and everything was working fine so I moved on. Yesterday it happened again in the middle of the day, I went over to the modem and router during a loss of connection event and found the modem had a blinking upstream channel light and my router had lost connection with it. I thought if I gave it some time like last time it would fix itself. This morning I woke up and went downstairs to lose my internet connection for a minute and saw the modem flashing the upstream light again. I did some research and found out how to look at the event logs of the modem but I'm relatively new to networking so I can't really understand what could be causing the errors. . After that I checked the cable connection and saw this . If anyone could explain or suggest why and how this could cause connection loss that would be greatly appreciated.

johnmiami6315

Commendable
Jul 18, 2018
I bought a Netgear CM1200 modem a few months back and its been performing great until a week and a half ago. I was on my phone at around 2 AM when i noticed the router lost connection for about 5 minutes every 20 ish minutes. I thought nothing of it and just went to sleep. The next morning I woke up and everything was working fine so I moved on. Yesterday it happened again in the middle of the day, I went over to the modem and router during a loss of connection event and found the modem had a blinking upstream channel light and my router had lost connection with it. I thought if I gave it some time like last time it would fix itself. This morning I woke up and went downstairs to lose my internet connection for a minute and saw the modem flashing the upstream light again. I did some research and found out how to look at the event logs of the modem but I'm relatively new to networking so I can't really understand what could be causing the errors. . After that I checked the cable connection and saw this . If anyone could explain or suggest why and how this could cause connection loss that would be greatly appreciated.
I caught the log of when it lost connection

johnmiami6315

Commendable
Jul 18, 2018
I know this is an old thread. But wondering if you ever got resolution on this. I'm having the same exact issue. ISP has been out here 3x replaced all the wires. Said might be an issues with one of the Nodes. But it's been weeks... still same issues, and netgear wants a boat load of money just to talk about it.
Nope I simply gave up on the modem and am using the spectrum provided model. I’m just holding on to the modem so whenever I live somewhere that has any other isp I can try using it there