Netgear DG834G problem

cookie

I got my netgear wirless setup with XP and running Sygate Firewall Pro,
to enable me to view websites properly I have to disable sygate,
I cant access my hotmail and some webpages wont show up ie. ebay
and others if sygate is enabled,
I had the same setup running ok before I done a new install of XP a while
back,

I've tried varous setting in sygate but no luck

Any ideas?

Thx in advance

cookie

"Cookie" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>I got my netgear wirless setup with XP and running Sygate Firewall Pro,
> to enable me to view websites properly I have to disable sygate,
> I cant access my hotmail and some webpages wont show up ie. ebay
> and others if sygate is enabled,
> I had the same setup running ok before I done a new install of XP a while
> back,
>
> I've tried varous setting in sygate but no luck
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thx in advance

Also I cant send my pop3 (pipex) mail using outlook when sygate is enabled,
I can receive mail ok.. mm strange

> "Cookie" <test@test.com> wrote in message
> >I got my netgear wirless setup with XP and running Sygate Firewall
Pro,
> > to enable me to view websites properly I have to disable sygate,
> > I cant access my hotmail and some webpages wont show up ie. ebay
> > and others if sygate is enabled,
> > I had the same setup running ok before I done a new install of XP
a while
> > back,
> >
> > I've tried varous setting in sygate but no luck
> >
> > Any ideas?

Maka sure you have the XP firewall turned off.
Check your security level in Internet Explorer....
Tools/options/security

> > Thx in advance
> >

> Also I cant send my pop3 (pipex) mail using outlook when sygate is
enabled,
> I can receive mail ok.. mm strange

sounds like firewall overkill. your router has a built in router and that's
generally enough. add in windows firewall and sygate just adds to the
clutter.

"Airhead" <campbell@alliancecable.net> wrote in message

> "Cookie" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Cookie" <test@test.com> wrote in message
>> >I got my netgear wirless setup with XP and running Sygate Firewall
> Pro,
>> > to enable me to view websites properly I have to disable sygate,
>> > I cant access my hotmail and some webpages wont show up ie. ebay
>> > and others if sygate is enabled,
>> > I had the same setup running ok before I done a new install of XP
> a while
>> > back,
>> >
>> > I've tried varous setting in sygate but no luck
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>
> Maka sure you have the XP firewall turned off.
> Check your security level in Internet Explorer....
> Tools/options/security
>

>> > Thx in advance
>> >

>> Also I cant send my pop3 (pipex) mail using outlook when sygate is
> enabled,
>> I can receive mail ok.. mm strange

cookie

Thanks for the replys...

> Maka sure you have the XP firewall turned off.
> Check your security level in Internet Explorer....
> Tools/options/security

XP was turned off, I changed security level to default, this was
on custom, I can't recall ever changing these settings before.
I still cant access my hotmail or ebay account with sygate enabled,
but pop 3 pipex seems to be working ok.. getting there :)

>sounds like firewall overkill. your router has a built in router and
>that's
>generally enough. add in windows firewall and sygate just adds to the
>clutter.

Sometimes when firewall is enabled I get intrusion's and warning's,
router firewall only blocks incoming traffic, sygate is good for spyware
etc..
I'd like to keep running it :-( I had them running together before,
I have anti spyware installed aswell.

btw: I'm running XP Pro SP2

Cheers