Netgear Launches Wireless AC Router for Under $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight.
You have 11.ac for the wireless which can get real world performance at near gigabit speeds, but you can only talk to faster wired devices like desktop computers and servers at 1/10th the speed?
That's as ridiculous as having an 11.n router and only using it for a 15Mbps DSL internet connection when 11.g is already overkill for that kind of application.

I picked up a nice $200 ASUS router a few months back that was a net wash. It came bundled with 2 games that I did not want and sold. It replaced my old 11.g router, which I also sold. It also replaced my gigabit switch I had been using, which I also sold. After all was said and done I made $25 by upgrading to 11.ac

... now if only I had any 11.ac devices in my home...

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
so many things wrong with this. where's the usb3.0 support, 600mbps on N, external antennas connectors, gigabit ports.
not having gigabite port is so stupid. it will limit internet @100.... even a 5 year old router does a better job.

ananke

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
:) This 100 MB router is worth $18.99 in the current market, to be precise. I really don't understand corporate pricing sometimes. Nobody cares about the WiFi ac at the moment anyway.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008

You are not gonna get anywhere near every feature with a $100 router. It would be dumb of them to add all that onto their entry level 11.ac router, if you want all those features you will need to get their pricier model.

Status
Not open for further replies.