Netgear MR814 v2

JS

Just got this wireless lan router last night and these problem really
puzzling...at least to me!

1) The wireless connection works fine with the power chord plugged into my
laptop. The moment I plug it out and function with battery, the connection
is loss almost instantaneously.

2) While sending messages using MSN Messenger, sending messages seems to be
immediately received by the other party. However, I receive messages really
slow, while some messages were not received (I've tested using another
laptop & desktop).

Urgently require expert assistance...

JS

Hi,
"Wireless connection stops when running on batteries."

Much be something with the power function.
- Is your battery fully charged?
- Did you check the "Power option properties" (Control Panel, Power
options)?
Have a look at system standby etc. Switch power saving off and try again.

/rob

"JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just got this wireless lan router last night and these problem really
> puzzling...at least to me!
>
> 1) The wireless connection works fine with the power chord plugged into my
> laptop. The moment I plug it out and function with battery, the connection
> is loss almost instantaneously.
>
> 2) While sending messages using MSN Messenger, sending messages seems to
be
> immediately received by the other party. However, I receive messages
really
> slow, while some messages were not received (I've tested using another
> laptop & desktop).
>
> Urgently require expert assistance...
>

> JS

Hi again,
Just did a Google search with: "battery power" problem with pcmcia card
and there are a lot of hits.
There are many examples of PCMCIA cards that don't work properly when on AC
power.
Have a look at Google and try to narrow down the search by specifying the
name of your WLAN card/PC.

br/rob

"Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> "Wireless connection stops when running on batteries."
>
> Much be something with the power function.
> - Is your battery fully charged?
> - Did you check the "Power option properties" (Control Panel, Power
> options)?
> Have a look at system standby etc. Switch power saving off and try
again.

> /rob
>
> "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Just got this wireless lan router last night and these problem really
> > puzzling...at least to me!
> >
> > 1) The wireless connection works fine with the power chord plugged into
my
> > laptop. The moment I plug it out and function with battery, the
connection
> > is loss almost instantaneously.
> >
> > 2) While sending messages using MSN Messenger, sending messages seems to
> be
> > immediately received by the other party. However, I receive messages
> really
> > slow, while some messages were not received (I've tested using another
> > laptop & desktop).
> >
> > Urgently require expert assistance...
> >

> > JS

JS

Battery fully charged. Checked all possible options, no significant
differences between using power chord & battery (e.g. no auto standby etc).

"Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> "Wireless connection stops when running on batteries."
>
> Much be something with the power function.
> - Is your battery fully charged?
> - Did you check the "Power option properties" (Control Panel, Power
> options)?
> Have a look at system standby etc. Switch power saving off and try
> again.
>
> /rob
>
> "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Just got this wireless lan router last night and these problem really
>> puzzling...at least to me!
>>
>> 1) The wireless connection works fine with the power chord plugged into
>> my
>> laptop. The moment I plug it out and function with battery, the
>> connection
>> is loss almost instantaneously.
>>
>> 2) While sending messages using MSN Messenger, sending messages seems to
> be
>> immediately received by the other party. However, I receive messages
> really
>> slow, while some messages were not received (I've tested using another
>> laptop & desktop).
>>
>> Urgently require expert assistance...
>>

>> JS

If it is not your battery, chances are you it may be the typical issues that
everyone else experiences with Windows XP. If you have other wireless
networks in reach, as soon as Windows detects that, chances are you will be
booted off your wireless connection.

If your wireless hardware has its own configuration program, use it instead
of XP to manage your settings. You need to uncheck the option in the
Windows "Wireless Networks" tab that allows Windows to manage the
connection. In addition, you may need to disable the Wireless Zero
Configuration service.

Jeff

> Battery fully charged. Checked all possible options, no significant
> differences between using power chord & battery (e.g. no auto standby
> etc).
>

> "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> "Wireless connection stops when running on batteries."
>>
>> Much be something with the power function.
>> - Is your battery fully charged?
>> - Did you check the "Power option properties" (Control Panel, Power
>> options)?
>> Have a look at system standby etc. Switch power saving off and try
>> again.
>>
>> /rob
>>
>> "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Just got this wireless lan router last night and these problem really
>>> puzzling...at least to me!
>>>
>>> 1) The wireless connection works fine with the power chord plugged into
>>> my
>>> laptop. The moment I plug it out and function with battery, the
>>> connection
>>> is loss almost instantaneously.
>>>
>>> 2) While sending messages using MSN Messenger, sending messages seems to
>> be
>>> immediately received by the other party. However, I receive messages
>> really
>>> slow, while some messages were not received (I've tested using another
>>> laptop & desktop).
>>>
>>> Urgently require expert assistance...
>>>

>>> JS

Hi,
The wireless connection works fine when on AC power => no disturbance from
neighbour networks.
I still think that is the problem is power related.

What type of PC and WLAN card are you using?

br/rob

"Jeff Durham" <jdurham.outdoor.life@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> If it is not your battery, chances are you it may be the typical issues
that
> everyone else experiences with Windows XP. If you have other wireless
> networks in reach, as soon as Windows detects that, chances are you will
be
> booted off your wireless connection.
>
> If your wireless hardware has its own configuration program, use it
instead
> of XP to manage your settings. You need to uncheck the option in the
> Windows "Wireless Networks" tab that allows Windows to manage the
> connection. In addition, you may need to disable the Wireless Zero
> Configuration service.
>
> Jeff
>

> "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Battery fully charged. Checked all possible options, no significant
> > differences between using power chord & battery (e.g. no auto standby
> > etc).
> >

> > "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >> "Wireless connection stops when running on batteries."
> >>
> >> Much be something with the power function.
> >> - Is your battery fully charged?
> >> - Did you check the "Power option properties" (Control Panel, Power
> >> options)?
> >> Have a look at system standby etc. Switch power saving off and try
> >> again.
> >>
> >> /rob
> >>
> >> "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> be
> >> really

JS

Compaq Presario X1000, Intel Centrino 1.3ghz, 512MB of RAM.

Intel (R) Pro/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter.

Signal is almost always "excellent", but somehow it feels like the
"receiving data" side is experiencing some "blockages" (response is
especially slow for example, when waiting for response after
sending/inputing data).

> Hi,
> The wireless connection works fine when on AC power => no disturbance from
> neighbour networks.
> I still think that is the problem is power related.
>
> What type of PC and WLAN card are you using?
>
> br/rob
>
> "Jeff Durham" <jdurham.outdoor.life@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
>> If it is not your battery, chances are you it may be the typical issues
> that
>> everyone else experiences with Windows XP. If you have other wireless
>> networks in reach, as soon as Windows detects that, chances are you will
> be
>> booted off your wireless connection.
>>
>> If your wireless hardware has its own configuration program, use it
> instead
>> of XP to manage your settings. You need to uncheck the option in the
>> Windows "Wireless Networks" tab that allows Windows to manage the
>> connection. In addition, you may need to disable the Wireless Zero
>> Configuration service.
>>
>> Jeff
>>

>> "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Battery fully charged. Checked all possible options, no significant
>> > differences between using power chord & battery (e.g. no auto standby
>> > etc).
>> >

>> > "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> into

JS

I had already diabled Windows' management, and is using Intel PROSet
v7.0.1.1.

Where can I find this "Wireless Zero Configuration service" and what exactly
is it?

"Jeff Durham" <jdurham.outdoor.life@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> If it is not your battery, chances are you it may be the typical issues
> that everyone else experiences with Windows XP. If you have other
> wireless networks in reach, as soon as Windows detects that, chances are
> you will be booted off your wireless connection.
>
> If your wireless hardware has its own configuration program, use it
> instead of XP to manage your settings. You need to uncheck the option in
> the Windows "Wireless Networks" tab that allows Windows to manage the
> connection. In addition, you may need to disable the Wireless Zero
> Configuration service.
>
> Jeff
>

> "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Battery fully charged. Checked all possible options, no significant
>> differences between using power chord & battery (e.g. no auto standby
>> etc).
>>

>> "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> "Wireless connection stops when running on batteries."
>>>
>>> Much be something with the power function.
>>> - Is your battery fully charged?
>>> - Did you check the "Power option properties" (Control Panel, Power
>>> options)?
>>> Have a look at system standby etc. Switch power saving off and try
>>> again.
>>>
>>> /rob
>>>
>>> "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> be
>>> really

Hi,
Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services and look for "Wireless
Zero Configuration".
The WZC is responsible for the configuration of 802.11 (=WLAN) adapters.
You can stop this service.

> I had already diabled Windows' management, and is using Intel PROSet
> v7.0.1.1.
>
> Where can I find this "Wireless Zero Configuration service" and what
exactly
> is it?
>

> "Jeff Durham" <jdurham.outdoor.life@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> > If it is not your battery, chances are you it may be the typical issues
> > that everyone else experiences with Windows XP. If you have other
> > wireless networks in reach, as soon as Windows detects that, chances are
> > you will be booted off your wireless connection.
> >
> > If your wireless hardware has its own configuration program, use it
> > instead of XP to manage your settings. You need to uncheck the option
in
> > the Windows "Wireless Networks" tab that allows Windows to manage the
> > connection. In addition, you may need to disable the Wireless Zero
> > Configuration service.
> >
> > Jeff
> >

> > "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Battery fully charged. Checked all possible options, no significant
> >> differences between using power chord & battery (e.g. no auto standby
> >> etc).
> >>

> >> "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message

JS

I disabled the WZC and success! Now I'm sending this message using battery
powered laptop :)

Thanks a million!

> Hi,
> Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services and look for "Wireless
> Zero Configuration".
> The WZC is responsible for the configuration of 802.11 (=WLAN) adapters.
> You can stop this service.
>
> /rob
>
> "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I had already diabled Windows' management, and is using Intel PROSet
>> v7.0.1.1.
>>
>> Where can I find this "Wireless Zero Configuration service" and what
> exactly
>> is it?
>>

>> "Jeff Durham" <jdurham.outdoor.life@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
>> > If it is not your battery, chances are you it may be the typical issues
>> > that everyone else experiences with Windows XP. If you have other
>> > wireless networks in reach, as soon as Windows detects that, chances
>> > are
>> > you will be booted off your wireless connection.
>> >
>> > If your wireless hardware has its own configuration program, use it
>> > instead of XP to manage your settings. You need to uncheck the option
> in
>> > the Windows "Wireless Networks" tab that allows Windows to manage the
>> > connection. In addition, you may need to disable the Wireless Zero
>> > Configuration service.
>> >
>> > Jeff
>> >

>> > "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> into

> another

JS

I changed the "power management" of the Intel Pro/Wireless Lan Card to
"maximum performance" and...success! Now the money paid for the wireless
router is worth it...:)

Thanks for all the help!

Cheers!
JS

> Hi again,
> Just did a Google search with: "battery power" problem with pcmcia card
> and there are a lot of hits.
> There are many examples of PCMCIA cards that don't work properly when on
> AC
> power.
> Have a look at Google and try to narrow down the search by specifying the
> name of your WLAN card/PC.
>
> br/rob
>
> "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> "Wireless connection stops when running on batteries."
>>
>> Much be something with the power function.
>> - Is your battery fully charged?
>> - Did you check the "Power option properties" (Control Panel, Power
>> options)?
>> Have a look at system standby etc. Switch power saving off and try
> again.
>>
>> /rob
>>
>> "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Just got this wireless lan router last night and these problem really
>> > puzzling...at least to me!
>> >
>> > 1) The wireless connection works fine with the power chord plugged into
> my
>> > laptop. The moment I plug it out and function with battery, the
> connection
>> > is loss almost instantaneously.
>> >
>> > 2) While sending messages using MSN Messenger, sending messages seems
>> be
>> > immediately received by the other party. However, I receive messages
>> really
>> > slow, while some messages were not received (I've tested using another
>> > laptop & desktop).
>> >
>> > Urgently require expert assistance...
>> >

>> > JS

Hi,
Glad to hear, since the laptop worked fine when running on AC power it had
to be a power problem.

happy computing/rob

> I changed the "power management" of the Intel Pro/Wireless Lan Card to
> "maximum performance" and...success! Now the money paid for the wireless
> router is worth it...:)
>
> Thanks for all the help!
>
> Cheers!
> JS
>
> "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi again,
> > Just did a Google search with: "battery power" problem with pcmcia card
> > and there are a lot of hits.
> > There are many examples of PCMCIA cards that don't work properly when on
> > AC
> > power.
> > Have a look at Google and try to narrow down the search by specifying
the
> > name of your WLAN card/PC.
> >
> > br/rob
> >
> > "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >> "Wireless connection stops when running on batteries."
> >>
> >> Much be something with the power function.
> >> - Is your battery fully charged?
> >> - Did you check the "Power option properties" (Control Panel, Power
> >> options)?
> >> Have a look at system standby etc. Switch power saving off and try
> > again.
> >>
> >> /rob
> >>
> >> "JS" <jjssw@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > my
> > connection

> >> be
> >> really

JS

Ignore this message, I thought it was okay, but it was not, and I thought I
deleted this message...

See my other message.