[SOLVED] Netgear nighthawk d7000v2 slow speed

Mar 21, 2019
Hi I'm currently having issues with the netgear nighthawk d7000v2 and was hoping someone may have a solution.
I've recently upgraded my router to the netgear from a ISP provided technicolor, as the WiFi wasn't great, my speed test on the technicolor was hitting 450mbps wired using a Cat6 ethernet which was great but when disconnecting and plugging in the d7000 I'm only hitting 150mbps and kinda banging my head against the wall.
So far I have hard reset the router several times
Turned off QOS setting but still no improvement as soon as I plug the technicolor back in wired speeds are back to 400+mbps :(
Anyone have any suggestions
Thanks

Harry

Solution
I would reset the new router and configure as little as possible. Only set the admin password and maybe setup the wifi radio ssid and passwords.

Modern routers to run on high speed connections have moved the nat function off the main cpu chip to a hardware accelerator. Almost all routers can push close to 1gbit of traffic wan-lan because of this. The problem as soon as you use many feature..qos is one example... the traffic must now again pass though the cpu and is limited by the cpu clock speeds. This may not be your issue but the sites that test routers say your router can easily run 450mbps wan-lan.
I would reset the new router and configure as little as possible. Only set the admin password and maybe setup the wifi radio ssid and passwords.

Modern routers to run on high speed connections have moved the nat function off the main cpu chip to a hardware accelerator. Almost all routers can push close to 1gbit of traffic wan-lan because of this. The problem as soon as you use many feature..qos is one example... the traffic must now again pass though the cpu and is limited by the cpu clock speeds. This may not be your issue but the sites that test routers say your router can easily run 450mbps wan-lan.

Reactions: Harryhull
Solution
Mar 21, 2019
Hi all thought i would give a update, tried again for a few hours again resetting router back to factory settings and not changing anything else, which didn't work i copied all my technicolour router settings provided by my ISP to the new router again no luck so today decided to return it for a refund, the cashier noticed there was a sticker on the side indicating it had been return by a customer previously for unknown reasons which i guess is what i was experiencing so much be a faulty router, Thanks again for taking the time to reply to me much appreciated

Thanks

Harry