Question Netgear nighthawk r7000 ipvanish and tomato firmware

Kinnyr90

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Hi, first let me apologies for long emails post.

I have a netgear Night hawk r7000 router. Hopefully someone else has this same router with this same issue.

Okay so. I'm using tomato firmware on a single wired connection with my intel ethernet controller. Ltest version of tomato latest drivers intel. . Well when I install ipvanish on it by following the instructions that they sent me it says that i'm connected after I put all of the info into the vpn section of the tomato firmware.. so everything is okay after that point .

When I go to change something in the route seperate from the ipn. Like if I clone my mac adress with the mac adress that is on my pc which is also cloned using 3rd party softwware.. Well then the router reboots after making that change. once the router reboots. I go back into whatismyip,com. and all of my info my location my ip my town that I live in are all back to the original so ipvanish is still active in tomato formware but it's not hiding my original ip or my location or my ip anymore. and it always comes after the router reboots itself.

Please help me this is a tough one for me. I have been on the phone with Netgear. They don't know whazt's causing this. and it's third party firmware so they couldn't help me anyways.

thank you so much. Oh I have also tried a site called xmyip.com. same thing.

thank you!! I would be so greatful if anyone has this same router and might be able to help me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinnyr90

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
Do you guys think this could be a problem with the router itself? Should I buy another router? I already sepnt good money for this one and I do pay for a monthly membership to ipvanish so I would Like to be able to use it in the tomato firmware settings or console.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS