Netgear Nighthawk r7500 v2 vs tp-link AC2300 Archer A2300?

jkimrey

Reputable
May 25, 2015
Hi.

Could anyone help me determine if there's an advantage (speed, range, features) between the Netgear Nighthawk r7500 v2 and the tp-link AC2300 Archer A2300 router?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
I can't speak to the advantages of one over the other but unless Netgear has fixed the firmware issue, and they may have, then I would advise staying away from Netgear routers. We had major issues with connecting and losing a connection after the last firmware update we installed. After switching to another brand the issue disappeared. This was after going through three Netgear routers and two cable modems. Hopefully Netgear has addressed and resolved the firmware issue.
I can't speak to the advantages of one over the other but unless Netgear has fixed the firmware issue, and they may have, then I would advise staying away from Netgear routers. We had major issues with connecting and losing a connection after the last firmware update we installed. After switching to another brand the issue disappeared. This was after going through three Netgear routers and two cable modems. Hopefully Netgear has addressed and resolved the firmware issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS