Netgear No Wireless

Sadie_1

Commendable
May 8, 2016
Yesterday, wifi was working just fine. Today, the router won't show up on the network list. Checked on my phone and my two laptops and nothing.
WIFI light is green
Logged on to routerlgin.net
Internet is good
SSID is enabled to broadcast
And yet nothing for me to select to connect to the internet

Reset to factory settings. Still do not see the SSID on network lists.
I haven't moved to new home or anything. It just stopped working this morning.

Right now I'm using an Ethernet cord to connect to the router.
So my question is, what do I do?
Would rather not have to pay someone to fix a product that malfunctioned on its own (Yeah Netgear is nuts to think I would want to pay them $100 for their malfunctioning product), so at home fixing advice would be great. Thanks!

MODEL: NETGEAR WNR2000v5

Solution
There may have been some firmware upgraded that went astray or set up some incompatible wireless configuration.

If you factory reset the Netgear WNR2000v5 then it has returned to all of its original factory settings: i.e., login name, password, SSID, security, etc.

Do you have the manual?

If not - here:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNR2000V5/WNR2000v5_UM_20Nov2014.pdf

Start over with respect to the wireless setup.

Try to get the wireless reconfigured with respect to your network. Keep your current ethernet connection and use another wireless device to see if you can restore the wireless functions accordingly.

Post any further questions or errors that come up.

Ralston18

Titan
There may have been some firmware upgraded that went astray or set up some incompatible wireless configuration.

If you factory reset the Netgear WNR2000v5 then it has returned to all of its original factory settings: i.e., login name, password, SSID, security, etc.

Do you have the manual?

If not - here:

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNR2000V5/WNR2000v5_UM_20Nov2014.pdf

Start over with respect to the wireless setup.

Try to get the wireless reconfigured with respect to your network. Keep your current ethernet connection and use another wireless device to see if you can restore the wireless functions accordingly.

Post any further questions or errors that come up.

Solution