Netgear-Poor email support

Don't buy Netgear products if you expect good email support. I have made
several requests for help and they do not respond.

Problem I have: My WGR614 blocks some websites.

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 07:44:48 -0400, "Gary Groves"
<ggroves@chartermi.net> wrote:

>Don't buy Netgear products if you expect good email support. I have made
>several requests for help and they do not respond.
>
>Problem I have: My WGR614 blocks some websites.

I doubt that the netgear is blocking the sites on its own unless
you have done something in its setup to make it do so.

No, there is nothing blocked on setup whatsoever.

In message <10jjam9ghiqg0ec@corp.supernews.com>, Gary Groves
<ggroves@chartermi.net> writes
>Don't buy Netgear products if you expect good email support. I have made
>several requests for help and they do not respond.

I agree. But I did manage to get an email response, after a day or so,
telling me that they did not provide support by email, but only by
telephone (which means calling a premium-rate number here in the UK). I
guess it's the capitalist way to want to make money, but I do somewhat
resent their insistence on making money out of my discover that their
product does not work properly.

Maybe, with the benefit of hindsight, I can now sketch out a way of
deciding which brand of product to get. Before purchase, pretend that
you have bought one, and contact their email support address with a
hypothetical problem. See if you get a potentially useful response or
not. Is this ethical? I'm not sure.

--
Clive Page