[SOLVED] Netgear r6400v2 Router

lethal42

Reputable
Feb 12, 2017
Hi,

I have started using the above Router after a period of 6 months (when I last used it).

In between I have ditched my land line and accordingly the 'Opt(arse)' router & spent that time on the Neilsen Broadband Survey panel (using their custom router).

My query is, the lights on the front (RHS) are amber for THREE of my ethernet connections.

1/ Foxtel power Adapter
2/ Optus Fetch power Adapter, and (as of today)
3/ Tp-link Mercusys Mesh wifi system.

These connections (or their lights) are showing amber on the router. Prior to the interim period (the 6 months mentioned above), these lights were white?!

The Netgear forum response has been that amber lights will show with a connection up to 100 mbps. White light being a connection up to 1000 mbps.
The change of light colours over the period (according to the netgear forum) could not have been as a result of a firmware upgrade...but could it???
As I mentioned, they were 'white' prior to 'Neilsen time'.

Appreciate any clues or reinforcement of the netgear community advise, and WHY these displays would have changed.
Apologies for the length/detail of this new thread.

regards

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

I have started using the above Router after a period of 6 months (when I last used it).

In between I have ditched my land line and accordingly the 'Opt(arse)' router & spent that time on the Neilsen Broadband Survey panel (using their custom router).

My query is, the lights on the front (RHS) are amber for THREE of my ethernet connections.

1/ Foxtel power Adapter
2/ Optus Fetch power Adapter, and (as of today)
3/ Tp-link Mercusys Mesh wifi system.

These connections (or their lights) are showing amber on the router. Prior to the interim period (the 6 months mentioned above), these lights were white?!

The Netgear forum response has been that amber lights will show with a connection up to 100 mbps. White light being a connection up to 1000 mbps.
The change of light colours over the period (according to the netgear forum) could not have been as a result of a firmware upgrade...but could it???
As I mentioned, they were 'white' prior to 'Neilsen time'.

Appreciate any clues or reinforcement of the netgear community advise, and WHY these displays would have changed.
Apologies for the length/detail of this new thread.

regards
Usually the problem with a link only running at 100Mbit is the cable. Are you using homemade cables? Or "flat" ethernet cables?