[SOLVED] Netgear WAC124

bandit385

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2008
Looking to add 2 to 3 wireless AC access points. Any experience with Netgear WAC124 or comparison with a similar spec'd router (configured in AP mode) like Linksys EA7500 or TP Link C2300? or Possibly something from ASUS or Netgear? I would like to keep the budget around $100 each. The WAC124 has good specs and price, but I couldn't find many reviews.

Solution
Pretty much the reason you buy a actual AP is you want it to be powered over ethernet, That tends to be the major difference between a real AP and a router running in AP mode.

Many modern routers have AP mode. Even though that don't you have make into AP by cabling to the lan port and setting it properly.

If you want actual AP I would look at ubiquiti. Otherwise find a inexpensive router that has the WiFi radio feature you want. Be aware most fancy router features do not function so don't pay for stuff you can not use.
Pretty much the reason you buy a actual AP is you want it to be powered over ethernet, That tends to be the major difference between a real AP and a router running in AP mode.

Many modern routers have AP mode. Even though that don't you have make into AP by cabling to the lan port and setting it properly.

If you want actual AP I would look at ubiquiti. Otherwise find a inexpensive router that has the WiFi radio feature you want. Be aware most fancy router features do not function so don't pay for stuff you can not use.

Solution