Netgear WG511 card, XP, and the Code 10 error

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have seen dozens of postings about this, but have yet to see a
solution to the problem: namely, my Netgear PCMCIA card will not work
and in the Device Manager I see "This device cannot start (Code 10)".
I am running XP Pro. I have tried all of the basic things, like making
sure I have the latest drivers, unintalling and reinstalling both the
Netgear card and the cardbus controller. But nothing.

If anyone ever figured out a fix for this, please pass it along... it
would be greatly appreciated!

Havent seen this exact error, but a dead card will produce messages in the event manager,

Cheers