Netgear WGR614 v4 is blocking some websites

My Netgear WGR614 v4 wireless outer is blocking some websites. I cannot
access some sites, particularly www.usps.com or www.usps.gov through my
router. I can bypass the router and access the sites fine. Does anyone
know what is causing this and how it can be fixed? Netgear support refuses
to answer my requests for help.

Coz

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2002

what happens when you try to access the sites ??

Doesnt seem likely that your router is selectively blocking websites. Maybe
if it blocked www.linksys.com or something ;)

"Gary Groves" <ggroves@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> My Netgear WGR614 v4 wireless outer is blocking some websites. I cannot
> access some sites, particularly www.usps.com or www.usps.gov through my
> router. I can bypass the router and access the sites fine. Does anyone
> know what is causing this and how it can be fixed? Netgear support
refuses
> to answer my requests for help.

I get a screen: Cannot find server or DNS Error
"Coz" <coz@nospamcoz.com> wrote in message
> what happens when you try to access the sites ??
>
> Doesnt seem likely that your router is selectively blocking websites.
Maybe
> if it blocked www.linksys.com or something ;)
>

> "Gary Groves" <ggroves@chartermi.net> wrote in message
> > My Netgear WGR614 v4 wireless outer is blocking some websites. I cannot
> > access some sites, particularly www.usps.com or www.usps.gov through my
> > router. I can bypass the router and access the sites fine. Does anyone
> > know what is causing this and how it can be fixed? Netgear support
> refuses
> > to answer my requests for help.

Go to your router's config utility screen and enter the "Blocked Sites"
section. Check to see if some of the blocked addresses or phrases you've
entered, if any, contain "usps".