NetLogon 5719

lee

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

I've got a Windows 2000 Pro client that's constantly
getting NetLogon 5719 errors (data c000005e)

No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is
available for domain ANTIVERSE. The following error
occurred:
There are currently no logon servers available to service
the logon request.

Everything seems to be working ok (logging in, accessing
network resources, etc), except Group Policies. Those
that don't apply software. For example, the GPOs defining
SUS and IE settings seem to work fine, but those to
install programs (such as McAfee AntiVirus 7.1) don't have
so much as an event log error.

I have tried adding the domain suffix to my DNS settings.
I have tried removing the domain account and readding it.
I have tried adding the registry setting from KB 310339.
I've applied all Windows Updates as well.

Nothing's worked. Any suggestions? (Note - I did the 4
things above after it failed to apply software the first
couple of reboots)

And yes, it's in the correct ou and nothing's blocking the
policies.

There's nothing in the DC event logs indicating AD
problems.

(This is a fresh install from a CD w/SP incorporated with
it)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

On Sun, 23 May 2004 21:10:32 -0700, "Lee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I've got a Windows 2000 Pro client that's constantly
>getting NetLogon 5719 errors (data c000005e)
>
>No Windows NT or Windows 2000 Domain Controller is
>available for domain ANTIVERSE. The following error
>occurred:
>There are currently no logon servers available to service
>the logon request.
>
>Everything seems to be working ok (logging in, accessing
>network resources, etc), except Group Policies. Those
>that don't apply software. For example, the GPOs defining
>SUS and IE settings seem to work fine, but those to
>install programs (such as McAfee AntiVirus 7.1) don't have
>so much as an event log error.
>
>I have tried adding the domain suffix to my DNS settings.
>I have tried removing the domain account and readding it.
>I have tried adding the registry setting from KB 310339.
>I've applied all Windows Updates as well.
>
>Nothing's worked. Any suggestions? (Note - I did the 4
>things above after it failed to apply software the first
>couple of reboots)
>
>And yes, it's in the correct ou and nothing's blocking the
>policies.
>
>There's nothing in the DC event logs indicating AD
>problems.
>
>(This is a fresh install from a CD w/SP incorporated with
>it)

See if http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=202840 helps.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP