Netmask Ordering

Hi all,
I have many sites, on each site there are 2 or more subnets.
I have a DNS server on each site (not on each subnet)
I use Active Directory integrated zones + Netmask Ordering
My Active Directory Sites and services is defined perfectly. I created a
subnet object for each subnet and linked it to the corresponding site.

When I NSLookup <mydomain.com> from a subnet that contain a DNS server, I
get all my dc's addresses, and my local DNS server's address is shown first,
but, when I NSLookup <mydomain.com> from a subnet that does not contain a
DNS server, I get my dc's addresses, but my local site's DNS server's
address does not shown first.
Since I use \\mydomain.com\dfsroot in my login script, some of the computers
are referencing a distant server rather than a local one.

Another problem that I thing might be related to the same issue; When I edit
a group policy object (locally on a certain DC which is not loaded at all) I
sometime get a very long respond times. When digging into it, I notice that
the GPO's files are retrieved from a distant server rather than locally !

Any suggestions?

In news:%235JmsSLfEHA.1424@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Asaf Ganot <ganotganot@hotmail.com> made a post then I commented below
> Hi all,
> I have many sites, on each site there are 2 or more subnets.
> I have a DNS server on each site (not on each subnet)
> I use Active Directory integrated zones + Netmask Ordering
> My Active Directory Sites and services is defined perfectly. I
> created a subnet object for each subnet and linked it to the
> corresponding site.
>
> When I NSLookup <mydomain.com> from a subnet that contain a DNS
> server, I get all my dc's addresses, and my local DNS server's
> address is shown first, but, when I NSLookup <mydomain.com> from a
> subnet that does not contain a DNS server, I get my dc's addresses,
> but my local site's DNS server's address does not shown first.
> Since I use \\mydomain.com\dfsroot in my login script, some of the
> computers are referencing a distant server rather than a local one.
>
> Another problem that I thing might be related to the same issue; When
> I edit a group policy object (locally on a certain DC which is not
> loaded at all) I sometime get a very long respond times. When digging
> into it, I notice that the GPO's files are retrieved from a distant
> server rather than locally !
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Asaf,

Apparently you multiposted this. I replied to you in the
win2000.active_directory newsgroup.

--
Regards,
Ace