NetSvcHelp.exe - Application Error

NnelK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
About 2 days from now i started getting an error message from NetSvcHelp.exe: The instruction at 0x6ff9910e referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

I think the problem started when i removed my 4GB stick. The stick was actually meant to go to another computer but i didnt had MOBO for it yet. So, why not should i use it.

I normally had 8GB Crucial ballistix sport 1600MHz (2x4GB) in the right sockets. I installed the other 4GB Crucial ballistix sport 1333MHz, so i had a total of 12GB RAM. BIOS overclocking is set to AUTO, so it was downgrading automaticly.

But now when i removed it, im getting this error message and when i start my computer, desktop files are loading so slowly, i cant even go to Windows search (Windows 8.1 64bit), even not Task Manager. It just crashes for 20-30 seconds. The only thing what i can do is i have programs pinned on taskbar, like google chrome and etc. Those are working normally when opening. So i can browse internet normally.

Windows and google chrome and etc. have stored on a 256GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD. SSD should be healthy.

What is the problem, how to fix it?

Computer specs:
Asus Z87-A
Intel i5-4670K
Samsung 840 EVO
Wester Digital BLUE 1TB
GTX 660 TI SLI
Corsair 600W

Solution
Testing the DIMM's one at a time and in each slot is strongly recommended, as it is suspected there may be a faulty DIMM or a faulty DIMM slot.

EDIT: Could try this in elevated command prompt - chkdsk C: /f. Where C: is the boot/operating system drive. If boot drive is another letter ( for example D: ), then substitute that letter instead of C:.

Could also try full Windows repair by booting up using original Windows installation disk and selecting repair option.

The next suggested procedure (after the above test) would be a complete and thorough wipe and re-format of the HDD, followed by re-installing operating system, then the latest chipset and other motherboard drivers, then the latest video and sound card drivers etc.

NnelK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
Thank you, i did it but now the error code has been changed a little: The instruction at 0x6fa2910e referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

It still loads desktop files and etc. really slowly.

It's really weird. I did cleaning with Malwarebytes too but that didnt work out too. Can it be software problem?

NnelK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
It changes the error message everytime i reboot. I've seen that sometimes it doesn't give me any error messages at all when i reboot. There is over 75% change that it gives me the error message.

I did that sfc /scannow, fixed some corrupted files but didn't fix my problem. Memory DIMM's should be okay.

Testing the DIMM's one at a time and in each slot is strongly recommended, as it is suspected there may be a faulty DIMM or a faulty DIMM slot.

EDIT: Could try this in elevated command prompt - chkdsk C: /f. Where C: is the boot/operating system drive. If boot drive is another letter ( for example D: ), then substitute that letter instead of C:.

Could also try full Windows repair by booting up using original Windows installation disk and selecting repair option.

The next suggested procedure (after the above test) would be a complete and thorough wipe and re-format of the HDD, followed by re-installing operating system, then the latest chipset and other motherboard drivers, then the latest video and sound card drivers etc.

Solution

NnelK

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2013
This computer is too new for DIMM problems. I needed to install a new windows anyway beacuse it was failing to install Win Updates (with older updates they don't give you a free Windows 10) and after that the problem seems to be fixed. Thank you for your help!