NETWOK PRINTERS + AD+GPOL

Hi All

Help me

I need remotely install network printers to multiple users .

Xerox,HP printers with mapping "local port"

W2K DC with AD + WK2K,XP users .

Its possible install remotely with AD+GPol ?

How pls ?

Thx Petr

This was replied to on m.p.win2000.a_d. Please don't multipost.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"Mig45" <mig45@post.cz> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Help me
>
> I need remotely install network printers to multiple users .
>
> Xerox,HP printers with mapping "local port"
>
> W2K DC with AD + WK2K,XP users .
>
> Its possible install remotely with AD+GPol ?
>
> How pls ?
>
> Thx Petr

What does that mean ? I would like to see the resolution to the problem .
Thanks

"Brian Desmond [MVP]" <desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us> wrote in message
> This was replied to on m.p.win2000.a_d. Please don't multipost.

> Brian Desmond
> Windows Server MVP
> desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us
>
> Http://www.briandesmond.com
>

> "Mig45" <mig45@post.cz> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >
> > Help me
> >
> > I need remotely install network printers to multiple users .
> >
> > Xerox,HP printers with mapping "local port"
> >
> > W2K DC with AD + WK2K,XP users .
> >
> > Its possible install remotely with AD+GPol ?
> >
> > How pls ?
> >
> > Thx Petr

I replied to this exact same post on the
microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory group.

There is not a built in way of doing this, but, it's an easy thing to script
in a logon script. Check out the TechNet script center for examples -
www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter. Something like this would work:

Dim net
Set net = Wscript.createObject("Wscript.Network")
net.AddWindowsPrinterConnection("\\PrintServer1\SomePrinter")

"Kevin" <emer777@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What does that mean ? I would like to see the resolution to the problem .
> Thanks
>

> "Brian Desmond [MVP]" <desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us> wrote in message
> > This was replied to on m.p.win2000.a_d. Please don't multipost.
> >
> > --
> > --
> > Brian Desmond
> > Windows Server MVP
> > desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us
> >
> > Http://www.briandesmond.com
> >

> > "Mig45" <mig45@post.cz> wrote in message
> > > Hi All
> > >
> > > Help me
> > >
> > > I need remotely install network printers to multiple users .
> > >
> > > Xerox,HP printers with mapping "local port"
> > >
> > > W2K DC with AD + WK2K,XP users .
> > >
> > > Its possible install remotely with AD+GPol ?
> > >
> > > How pls ?
> > >
> > > Thx Petr

IP printer distribution is quite a bit more involved than a shared printer
connection. Policy Maker Professional includes a printers extension that
supports IP (and shared) printer connections, including local port creation
and driver installation.

Regards,

Eric Voskuil
Policy Maker
http://www.autoprof.com/policy

"Mig45" <mig45@post.cz> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Help me
>
> I need remotely install network printers to multiple users .
>
> Xerox,HP printers with mapping "local port"
>
> W2K DC with AD + WK2K,XP users .
>
> Its possible install remotely with AD+GPol ?
>
> How pls ?
>
> Thx Petr

What would be the best way to go at writing a script or just having the
users add their printer in one time. With a script won't it slow down their
logon process.

Thanks Kevin

> I replied to this exact same post on the
> microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory group.
>
> There is not a built in way of doing this, but, it's an easy thing to
script
> in a logon script. Check out the TechNet script center for examples -
> www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter. Something like this would work:
>
> Dim net
> Set net = Wscript.createObject("Wscript.Network")
> net.AddWindowsPrinterConnection("\\PrintServer1\SomePrinter")

> Brian Desmond
> Windows Server MVP
> desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us
>
> Http://www.briandesmond.com
>

> "Kevin" <emer777@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > What does that mean ? I would like to see the resolution to the problem
..
> > Thanks
> >

> > "Brian Desmond [MVP]" <desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us> wrote in message
> > > This was replied to on m.p.win2000.a_d. Please don't multipost.
> > >
> > > --
> > > --
> > > Brian Desmond
> > > Windows Server MVP
> > > desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us
> > >
> > > Http://www.briandesmond.com
> > >

> > > "Mig45" <mig45@post.cz> wrote in message

Kevin-

You're not going to notice the amount of time it takes to do this in script.
I do five or ten printers and it's quite speedy.